From Prisoner To Princess

From Prisoner To Princess

Living the best kind of life.

19
From Prisoner To Princess

Trapped. Women can get trapped in their own mind, in their own habits, in their own social circles, in their own great expectations. They wait for the day that their Prince swoops in driving his silver Porsche and takes them to the exotic place of their dreams. They build for themselves realities that are only rooted in their deep fantasies. They dare not speak their dreams out loud. They only toss back and forth in the night time, whispering their fears to the moon. They continually strive, want, and wait. They form habits out of fear and out of comfort. Yet something is out there. Someone holds the keys that will unlock their tortured mind.

To get to that person, they are asked to step out onto the waves. They are asked to process their intentions and, God forbid, admit their mistakes. They realize that in what they thought of as waiting, someone had been waiting even more patiently for them to grow. They waited and nursed and sheltered and loved on them. He is better than any Prince. But He's a Prince Himself. Not one of lavish jewelry and castles, but of Peace. The frantic parties, the desperation, the day to day hunger, and the becoming idols had been stealing their heart, bit by bit. His yoke is easy, His burden is light, but His way is not one of this world.

They hear that all the time. They try and kneel at different church services. They do their good deed of retweeting one inspirational quote each day, but they are thirsty. Why? Because they weren't built to be satisfied by anything less than the ultimate satisfaction. Their thirst was designed to draw them to the River of life, not a continual champagne bath or live stream. They feel that "good conscious," the Holy Spirit, tugging at their heart. But they ignore it. They feel as if they have to choose the paths their lives follow, but what they fail to realize, over and over, that they have already been chosen.

He knew them in their purest form, their perfect spirit. He knew them in their dirtiest forms, their lying self-centered flesh. Yet He chose them, and He loved them, and He guided them. Why the God gap? Why the trials? Why the storms? He never designed it that way. But He allowed them to decide. And they, like their ancient forefathers, would choose to be deceived over and over again. Until, one day, with a broken heart, He provided the only escape He could for them. The sacrifice of the ultimate Prince that would heal their soul.

His name is Jesus, and hallelujah, He is alive. And He is waiting, across the world. Across the universe, He stretches out His arms and welcomes you home. His way is freedom. His way seems boring, seems fake, seems like hard work, seems unappealing through worldly eyes. But as soon as you open your heart and cry out to Him, He answers. Sometimes it is through an audible voice. Sometimes it is in the twinkle of an eye of someone you love. But it is always Him, and it is always the best way.

This Bible? His very word. This music? The song of angels. This church? His bride. Choosing it is the best decision you could ever make in your whole life. Choosing it means, instead of receiving your guaranteed earthly Prince, you become an eternal Princess instead. It sounds supernatural. It sounds like mumbo jumbo. It comes through the changed perception of having the eternal Prince guide your life. But it is the most real, tangible, and explainable kind of love. He is real. He is alive. And He is the one who waits for us to see it.