From My HBCU to Yours: Homecoming DO's and Don'ts

Don't judge me it's Homecoming

156
North Carolina A&T State University

Let us all marvel at the fact that it is North Carolina A&T State University's Homecoming week! I swear I just checked into my dorm not too long ago but you know what we gonna ignore that. As a senior at my illustrious HBCU, I happily can say I have experienced some of the most epic things during GHOE( From those who don't know ghoe is the Greatest Homecoming on Earth which North Carolina holds the title for......FOREVER). After all these years I feel I can tell you if you attend an HBCU you should or should not do these things during your homecoming. I do want to acknowledge that every homecoming is not the same and I understand if some of these acts you don't agree with. As in the spirit of Homecoming, I won't judge you, because, after all, It is homecoming.

DO leave with the friends you came with

Don't leave your friends behind. Everyone, you walked that party with you leave with every time. I don't care if you have to hold hands do it. Never let your friends be left alone finding their way home alone. That is not only careless but dangerous.

DON'T drink out of random bottles

Ladies, I know we get free liquor all the time but stop that drinking out of random bottles. Now I know I sound like a party pooper but hear me out, this is cold and flu season. I will let it slide if no mouth contact is on the bottle and being poured into cups. Just put your health first ladies and gentlemen. I also want to stress the fact to Drink Responsibly

DO have a DD( designated driver) and treat them well!

You are trusting this person with your life, treat them like it. Your DD should be having as much as you without liquor and yes that is possible. Do not make your DD a babysitter of your drunk unconscious ways. Do not make them the designated friend for chasing you down the street. A lot of people don't agree with this and I honestly don't care. The people you party with shouldn't be the ones to ruin your night because they're only concerned about themselves. I personally don't believe in sloppy drunk anyway, That's not attractive. My moral is to be the drunk friend you would want them to be.

DON'T Skip Class ( Yeah I know)

GO TO CLASS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. Professors are notorious for giving extra credit during homecoming. Now when I say go to class I didn't mean you had to attend every class but a good 85 percent. I personally do not go to Friday classes during homecoming and that's just how I role. Being a senior now I will be attending classes this week because I want to graduate. Now, on the other hand, I have not skipped all semester so I have days saved up in case I just can't get out of bed. Be smart about how you skip during homecoming, professors remember.