If Friendship Is Meant To Be, It Will Be

Good friends are like stars, you don't always see them but they are always there.
193

Once upon a high school time, I had three best friends. We all hung out, sat together at lunch, and had the greatest time when we were together. The memories we made all throughout high school are precious. All we did when we were together was laugh. Our senior year we had every single class together!

Those three girls meant the absolute world to me, and it was because of them I was successful throughout high school. They were supportive, helped me whenever I struggled, and never failed to put a smile on my face.

Towards the end of the school year things changed, and two years later I’m still struggling to understand what happened. I can’t figure out what drove us to separate. If I knew, I would have some closure and I probably wouldn’t feel so hurt. We were supposed to be friends forever. We were supposed to be in each other's weddings, and our future children were supposed to be best friends too.

Today, I’m still very close with two of the three girls. I see one friend regularly, and we text pretty often! I speak to one of the other friends occasionally, and even though she’s thousands of miles away I know she still loves me. We no longer speak to the third friend…

I’ve tried to reconnect with her, but she’s made it clear she's no longer is interested in our friendship anymore. Even though she decided to no longer associate with us, we harbor no feelings of animosity and wish her the best of luck with everything. If she ever needs us, she has our numbers and knows where we live. We would welcome her back with open arms.

To the two others, thank you very much for still being my best friends. I love you both so much. I have no idea what I would do without you both. You’ve shown me what true friendship is, and for that I’ll always be thankful. I hope my future children find friends like you two. I know I don’t see you both often and we may not speak every day, but please know I’ll always be here for you and I’m so proud of you both. Here’s to many more years of friendship!