7 Reasons Why You Need A Friend With A Boat

Because boats are more fun.

23
Photo by Mike Giles on Unsplash (9/22)

I spent my weekend in Cincinnati with my friends and had a great time. This is only my second time in this city, the first was during the beginning of our spring break trip this past March. We initially went for my friend's family's fireworks display, and it became so much more. We went to Jungle Jim's, an international grocery store that is AWESOME, boating on the Ohio River through downtown Cincy, ate ice cream at United Dairy Farms, and watched fireworks. Her family owns a campground where her cousins and relatives put on their own fireworks display with homemade bombs, which were extremely loud but enjoyable to watch. So, while we were boating, my friends and I started thinking about why we need to own boats in the future.

1. To relax

Boats are a great place to take a load off and just enjoy the sights around you. Plus, the rocking of the waves has the potential to put you asleep.

2. For parties

Anyone with a boat can throw a party, even if it's just friends getting together. And as long as you're safe, a little party never killed nobody.

3. For fishing

While this would not be a selling point for me, lots of people want boats for fishing trips. Get the guys together and get a fishing trip started.

4. A good place to read

This sounds like a great afternoon: the wind in your hair, a good book in your hands, that's the life right there.

5. A nice tanning bed

If you want a sun-kissed glow to your skin, this is one way to do it. Just take the boat out for a float and get your tan on.

6. A nice wind swept hair-do

If you want an effortless wind-swept look, this is the way to do it. With the water on your face and the wind in your hair, you're going to look like a water goddess.

7. 'Cause they're cool, DUH

What other reason do you need than this? Owning a boat is pretty darn cool, and it's a big purchase that makes the adult life more real.