To The College Friends Who'll Still Be There When I'm Not

Call me. Have fun. I'll miss you.

183
Haley Holden

As so many do, I have managed to make friends with people who are not graduating at the same time as me. Instead, they have left ahead of me and moved to California, or are staying in school after I leave, continuing to make memories. It seems odd to think that my friend group will continue to go on without me, although we've seen it happen as members have come and gone, spent semesters abroad and spent breaks states apart.

Yet, it is an understandable fact that life goes on.

My friends will return to school in the fall and I will be somewhere else, maybe at home, maybe in a new city, maybe asking riddles under a bridge, it's all up in the air. But, there are a few things that I want to say to my friends who are still going to be in school together.

For each other, please have each other's backs. You always do and I know you always will. But just keep reaching out. Keep taking that extra step. Tell each other that you love each other, cause you do even if you don't want to say it. We all love each other, we're friends. Get cups of water for each other, offer a spare blanket, do all of the little things that mean that much more when you look back.

From me, thank you. Thanks for all the memories. Thanks for the extra blankets and the cups of water and all of the firsts we went through together. Thanks for the trips out of town to jump on trampolines. Thanks for the terrible movie selection. Thanks for the "High School Musical" singalongs.

I'll always cherish the memories we made together and I know you'll keep making more without me, so I can't wait to hear about them.

With that being said, us being spread out doesn't mean that our friendships are null and void. Expect calls from me, and at least once a semester I better get a call from you too. The group Halloween costume better be just as good without me. I want updates on all of your classes. Take lots of pictures together and send them to me. Let me know you're doing okay every once in a while, I'll worry about you. Enjoy your last few months at school, make them the best (or good, maybe not the best because you'll be missing me so, so terribly), and don't be afraid to call.