10 Times 'Friends' Gave The Best Relationship Advice

"We were on a break!"

137
Type Set

Relationships of any sort are not easy, they take patience, effort from both parties, compromise, and an abundance of communication. Relationships can drive you up the wall if you let them, and one of the hardest things is, no two are alike. You make mistakes and learn from each one. Through their 10 years Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Joey, Ross, and Chandler accomplished a lot together, one of them being some of the most useful, accurate relationship advice anyone could use.

1. It is important to understand that you cannot and should not ever make your partner choose between you and their hobby.

This was their life before they met you, it will remain in their life during you, and if you are not understanding of that it will still be a part of their life after they dump you. Yes, it is important to balance a hobby with other aspects of life, but asking someone to give up a hobby is ridiculous and nine times out of ten they will choose their hobby over you.

2. LEAGUES.

Leagues are so stupid and annoying. So what if someone is out of another person's league, they are happy together and that is all that matters.

3. It sucks, but someday someone is going to disappear from your life with no warning leaving you wondering what you did wrong.

The thing is, no matter how hard it is not to, you cannot beat yourself up over trying to figure out what you did wrong or what is wrong with you. There is nothing wrong with you. It was them, their loss.

4. There is nothing worst then being led on or feeling like someone's second option.

If they don't make you feel like a priority or put any effort in to show they want you in their life then don't wait around for them to figure it out.

5. Everyone has that one person that no matter how hard they try to forget and move on they just can't.

No matter what the reason was that ended the relationship the last time or how many times they have argued about the same things over and over they just cannot officially say goodbye. If they came back to you wanting to work things out you know you would give it another go, and sometimes, like Ross and Rachel, it is because it is meant to be.

6. "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Dr. Seuss

7. This is another sucky but very truthful piece of advice.

You may be absolutely crazy about someone, but if they don't have mutual feelings for you then it doesn't matter. You can't force anyone to like you, and it doesn't work to change who you are so they do begin to like you because eventually, your true colors will come out. However, there is someone out there who will like you for you, so as much as it may hurt, move on.

8. This seems like common sense yet people still continue to do it.

Don't lie. It will get you no where, and yes if you lie to a woman we will find out because we find everything out and yes we will be then even more upset with you than we already were. Women this goes for you too though, don't lie to your man, there is just no reason to.

9. Most people out there date someone in hopes of it becoming long-term, and if your one of those people that just date someone because you "want someone" then knock it off because you are wasting their time and yours.

When you do decide to commit to someone make sure they are who would want to face and work through all of life's hardships and obstacles with because if it works out and you end up marrying this person, in Joey's words, " Those two only had each other." Make sure it is someone you can have a civil discussion with and still want to kiss afterwards because once you pick that person you have chosen them for the better or the worst.

10. As we already established relationships are not easy.

Whether it is rocky a start and takes a while to be on the same page. Or some big event happens that breaks two people up for a while, people find their way back to each other, even if they do see other people in-between. The best things in life come with time and patience, just because they are not yours right now doesn't mean they never will be.