College Life As Told By Friends

College Life As Told By Friends

Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A...

19
College Life As Told By Friends

Most of us grew up watching Friends-- maybe with our parents or on our own, but who would of thought that the show would become relevant to a college student's life. There are so many memorable quotes to choose from-- Chandler's witty sarcasm, Joey's child-like persona, or Phoebe's thoughtless comments (or are they?) Here are a couple that us college student's can relate to.

1. "Because the more I drink, the less there is for the kids to drink."

Because aren't we all looking for an excuse to get drunk on a Tuesday? Why not make that excuse the kids.

2. "WE WERE ON A BREAK!"

Professors like to give us exams in the most inconvenient times. Who wants to study for an exam on a Monday when it was just the weekend? Why did you fail that Biology exam that was 1/3 of your grade? Well, because WE WERE ON A BREAK!

3. "I'm not even sorry."

College is time to explore and do things outside of our comfort zone. Some of these things might not be approved by friends, family, professors, etc. But why be sorry?

4. "Monday, one day. Tuesday, two day. Wednesday, when? Huh? What day? Thursday, the third day!"

I, personally, will loose track of the days. They seem to blur past me as I study, do my endless hours of homework, and juggle an internship all at once. How else are you going to keep track of when you have that exam unless you have a witty way to keep up?

5. "Hell is filled with people like you."

When it comes to professors, I think this one speaks for itself.

6. "If I'm going down, I'm taking everybody down with me!"

Ah, teacher evaluation forms. Usually at the end of a semester, professors will hand out their evaluation forms. Some unlucky students probably didn't do so well in the class, and if they're going down, they're taking the professor down with them.

7. "I don't know what I'm gonna do with my life."

Much like Chandler, who of us really know's what we're doing with our lives? Before we know it graduation hits and we're running around like chickens with our heads cut off in our caps and gowns.

8. "I don't like when people take food off my plate, okay?"

As a college student, we have a meal plan that we basically depend on to survive. Although, that meal plan isn't usually enough to fulfill our food needs.There are rare moments when we'll get care packages filled with food from home-- and we aren't sharing.

9. "I just shouldn't be allowed to make decisions anymore."

Sometimes we make stupid decisions with our new found freedom-- and sometimes, we just shouldn't be allowed to make those types of decisions anymore.

10. "So why don't you be a grownup and come watch TV in the fort?"

As much as most of us college kids claim to be 'adults' some of us just aren't quite there yet. Every once in a while we just want to watch cartoons in the fort we made in our room and eat mac n' cheese.

11. "Phoebe, do you have a plan?" "I don't even have a 'pla'."

What college student completely has a plan for when they graduate? I envy you if you have a plan for what

you're going to do tomorrow.

12. "Welcome to the real world! It sucks! You're gonna love it!"

We might not be in the real world yet. College life is some sort of limbo to adult hood that we're all in--wandering around, bumping into things, and looking for food. Who's isn't dreading the moment when we walk across the stage and become a functioning member of society? Maybe it'll suck, but we'll probably also love it.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F03%2F10%2F63593181769030537269226448_f5.GIF&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=29&h=f88205071f883f028382b07460fda89d56f34568b98b535364531004681ac2c6&size=980x&c=3857318935 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F03%252F10%252F63593181769030537269226448_f5.GIF%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D29%26h%3Df88205071f883f028382b07460fda89d56f34568b98b535364531004681ac2c6%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3857318935%22%7D" expand=1]