Being thankful for friendships

My Friends Are Some Of The Best People In My Life And I Can't Thank Them Enough

I'm sorry, I will never stop saying how much I love my friends.

33

Disclaimer: I am 100% a big mush when it comes to my friends and how much they mean to me.

I just came out this way. With that being said, when you have the friends that I do it is hard not to go off on a tangent about them. In my years I have met a lot of people and they have all impacted me in a number of ways. Of course, as the years went on, friendships faded, bonds broke, and people just grew apart. Nonetheless, I appreciate any and everyone who has stepped foot in my life even if it was just for a minute.

These past few months have been rather rough for me for a number of reasons. Many times I sat up in my room in tears just overwhelmed by the recent events that have occurred in my life. My heart felt heavy and actually brought me physical pain. I chose not to speak much of what was going on outside of the few walls that I live in.

But somehow, without even knowing it, my friends seemed to make it all better. They made me smile when I couldn't smile on my own. They made me laugh until it hurt and they made my heart not ache anymore. The best part about all of that is they didn't even know they were doing it. They hardly had any idea the bags that I was carrying. They were just there for me to be there for me, and they just made me laugh for the sake of laughing. We talked all night long about absolutely nothing and it was some of the best moments I've had.

If anyone ever tells you it's not about the little things, they're lying to you.

It's the moments when your friends sleep on the couch so you can sleep in the bed and wake up at the crack of dawn to take you to your workouts. The moments when you get the "come outside I wanna talk" text and then you spend the next two and a half hours talking and laughing until you cried. The times when they that come lay with you just to keep you company. The smiles that they flash you and those extra long squeezes they give you when they see you. That exciting feeling you get when you see them and all the things in between.

It's more than just the time you spend with them or how long you've been friends. Time has no true place in friendships. True friends like the ones that I've found don't care about time or place. It is all about the moments and the memories you create and because of that I will forever be grateful.