To My Friend On Her Wedding Day

To My Friend On Her Wedding Day

I know it'll be everything you dream it will be.

376
To My Friend On Her Wedding Day

Dearest Ally,

Remember that fateful day in Autumn 2004 when we were forced to become friends? Our usual group of friends didn't show up – it was just me and my siblings and you and your sister. For whatever reason, we weren't friends. We just didn't like each other and to this day I'm not exactly sure why. Apparently, being forced to be friends was the best thing that happened to our relationship because we probably wouldn't have become best buds otherwise. It's insane to think that was almost 15 years ago. And here you are, getting married at the end of this month. I'm so stinking happy for you!

Photo by photo-nic.co.uk nic

Remember all those sleepovers we had? Talking until the wee hours of the morning about the men we'd marry? I remember being so sure that we'd be swept off our feet by knights in shining armor. Josh certainly has done that for you. He showed up exactly when God planned for him to. Not too long ago you were talking to me on the phone, wondering what God's plan was for your life and if and when you'd get married. The Lord is so good and is always faithful. In just a couple of weeks, you'll walk down the aisle to the man of your dreams. I'm so incredibly happy for you!

Photo by Orio Nguyen

I remember when you first told me about Josh. He kind of just showed up out of nowhere and seemed too good to be true. I was happy for you, but my skeptical self didn't want to believe that a great guy could just show up the way Josh did. As the months passed and I prayed about it, I knew this was the guy for you. You and Josh complement each other in the best way. I'm so very happy for you!

Photo by Tamara Menzi

From the time you got engaged last year to now, I've seen God work in all the details of your love story. From buying a house to wedding dress shopping, to choosing the colors and bouquets for the ceremony and reception, to finally getting your dress delivered, it has been an absolute joy watching you prepare for this next phase of your life. You're going to be the most beautiful bride and I can't wait to stand by you when you and Josh say "I do." I'm so exceedingly happy for you!

Photo by Tron Le

Ally, you've been such a good friend to me. I hope I have been as good of a friend to you. Just so you know, I still want to have frequent phone conversations to catch up and laugh together about all the strange things that life brings along. Someday when I get married, I want you up there with me when my man and I say, "I do." Until then, let's keep up the phone conversations, silly text messages, and crazy excited hugs every time we reunite. Friendship is such a sweet gift, and I'm so thankful I get to share it with you. Love ya, girly!

Ally Roberts