The 10 Stages Of Your Freshman Year, As Told By The 'Dance Moms' Moms

The 10 Stages Of Your Freshman Year, As Told By The 'Dance Moms' Moms

The first year of college told by the ladies of "Dance Moms."

1381

It's simple: Our two favorite things out together, dorm life and "Dance Moms."

1. Your first day of college!

You go from being on the top of the world in high school to a bottom feeder In college. It's up to you to get good grades, no more retakes, and no help from your parents. Trust me, you'll be fine! It takes a few weeks to get into the swing of things.

2. Realizing your dorm is just a cardboard box.

It's true, your walls are cardboard. You can hear everything through them, and I mean EVERYTHING. So don't get too crazy in your dorm, alright?

3. Making new friends!

I swear this happened to me like the last three weeks of school. Sure you'll miss your friends from high school, but you'll find some new ones. And odds are, you'll do almost everything with them.

4. You're on a level playing field now.

Not saying you aren't special, but listen you are coming into college just like everyone else. Especially being in journalism, things can get competitive! Sometimes you need to be humbled and that's OK! The longer you get into adulthood the more you learn from your mistakes.

5. Gaining a lot of weight.

Ok, the gif is a little harsh, but it was the only one I could find that made sense. But, the dining hall is open almost all day, you have dining dollars to spend on whatever you want, a match made in heaven right? WRONG. The first couple of months you're there, it's amazing but after a while, you kinda get tired of eating the same food and you feel gross. Try healthier options or go to the fitness center on campus! Usually, they offer fun classes or if you don't like that, they have several machines to choose from. Remember, everything in moderation!

6. Annoying professors.

Luckily, I haven't had to really deal with this. You will have amazing professors in college. Remember, there's a difference between professors and teachers. You're an adult now and they are going to treat you like one. They will be brutal and sometimes too honest, but hey just take it in stride, it makes you a stronger person!

7. Finals week.

Finals WEEK, you read that right. In high school I mean yeah, you had a finals week but it wasn't as legit. In college, it's game on. Coffee 24/7, hitting the books every day and some sleep deprivation. Sometimes, it's not an actual test that's your final, it's a big project, so rethink what it means to take a "final."

8. Spring move out.

So, you moved into the dorms in August with the help of wonderful movers provided by the college and a nice organized system, well you don't get that in spring. Parents have to come help or even sometimes it's you and your friends moving every piece of your college life out of the dorms. I suggest starting as early as possible, it saves you time and you don't have to deal with the rush of people trying to move out the day before school ends.

9. All done!

I can't even explain the joy I felt after taking my last final. I felt free! Freshman year is filled with so many emotions and finally being able to say that you've completed it feels like such a big accomplishment.