Summer Snacks And Drinks At Home
Lifestyles

11 Fresh n' Yummy Summer Snacks + Drinks You Can Make in 10 Minutes or Less With Ingredients Already in Your Kitchen

2018 is the summer of snacks.

833
https://images.pexels.com/photos/921214/pexels-photo-921214.png?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&h=350

It's that time of the year again when you're relaxing in the pool with your best friends, driving all day on the open road or wading in the waves at a local beach. Whether you're traveling to exotic places or chilling in your own backyard, you always need some munchies to keep you company. However, making snacks often takes a long time, and delicious Pinterest-y recipes have a dizzyingly long list of ingredients and can take hours to make. Summer is also a season for laziness, and you don't want to waste vacation time making munchies instead of enjoying time by the pool or at the park.

This list will save the day with fresh, interesting and unique snacks that you can make when you want a quick (and delicious) fix. The best part? Almost all of the ingredients will already be in your kitchen, so you don't have to run to the grocery store to buy a weird-sounding spice or sauce you'll never use again!

From henceforth, 2018 shall be deemed the summer of snacks!

1. Sparkling Cherry Lemonade

This cherry lemonade is refreshing, quick and oh-so-delicious with just FOUR (you heard me right, four!) ingredients. It's a perfect drink to sip on day at the beach with your friends. The drink is so fancy looking and makes it look like you've put a lot more effort into making it than just blending together pitted cherries, lemon juice, sparkling water and sugar.

2. Avocado Spinach Artichoke Dip

This recipe adds luscious avocado to everyone's favorite spinach artichoke dip. Just puree together the ingredients, and you have yourself a creamy dip that'll last for days! Eat it with nacho chips, pita chips, fries or even carrot sticks if you're feeling nutritious!

3. Fresh Tomato Bruschetta

This colorful snack is quick and easy to make, and while the prep takes a little bit longer than 10 minutes, you can choose to not let the tomatoes marinate and make it even quicker! Bruschetta is crunchy and flavorful, and this recipe chooses the best toppings to ensure the finger food will be a big hit!

4. Chicken Waldorf Tacos

These tacos have a delicious mayonnaise sauce on shredded chicken breast that makes such a fulfilling summer dinner. The walnuts, grapes and scallions also help provide an exotic feel for a crazy flavor party in your mouth.

5. Watermelon Agua Fresca

This Mexican thirst quencher is sure to perk you up with its hidden hint of lime juice! It's insane how easy it is to make; the only difficult part is not eating all the watermelon while you're making it!

6. BBQ Chicken Nachos

This snack is so simple to make and feeds so many that it just might become your go-to summer party food! These barbecue chicken nachos can be made in four minutes and are a perfect snack for game day or a party night.

7. Tomatillo Shrimp Fajitas

These fajitas are tangy and flavorful, and the shrimp gives it that seaside kick! Use this recipe for a laid back brunch or early dinner.

8. Mint Chocolate Dairy-Free Milkshake

Don't worry, vegan readers, I got you! Here's a thick mint chocolate milkshake that'll definitely help you beat the heat! Not vegan? Just substitute the dairy-free milk and ice cream for variants with dairy!

9. Falafel with Avocado Spread

This is one of those foods I can see myself eating by the lake with my friends on a warm, sunny day. The patties only take eight minutes to make, and the rest is just assembly. I really love Lebanese food, and this chickpea falafel is just the yummiest on a summer afternoon!

10. Chocolate Hazelnut Mug Cakes

It's dessert time! What's better than a hot, fresh mug cake with smooth chocolate hazelnut spread on top? You can even make these cakes in batches if you want to use them for a party or a summer get together.

11. Microwave Cheesecake

Who would've thought that such a good-looking, delectable cheesecake could only be made in five minutes? Save some graham crackers from when you toast smores over the campfire and use them in this easy-peasy cheesecake recipe that you can have every day of vacation (who needs a beach bod, am I right?). You can even top these little cakes with your choice of summer fruit for a delightful burst of flavor!

Now you have no excuse to eat instant ramen for the fifth time this week. Go forth and snack snazzy!