20 Free Romance Books for Your E-Reader For When You're 50 Shades of Bored

Because you can only read so many cowboy love stories.

72
Bing Images

Quarantine is giving some of us an insane amount of free time. Since we can't make a trip to the library - an ancient idea, I know - here are 20 romance books you can access for free on your e-reader or other device where you get your online books. Helpful tip: OverDrive and Hoopla are both apps/websites where you can access books for FREE from your local library online with just a library card number (available books will vary per library).

1. How to Choose a Guy in 10 Days - iBooks & Kindle

Want a "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" spinoff in book form? This book by Lila Monroe will have you transported back into a world similar to 2003 Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey.

2. Confessions of a Tattooist - iBooks & Kindle

Looking for a book on the edgier side? Lexy Timms throws you into the world of tattoos, romance, and the bad boy all mixed in one.

3. Dating Games - iBooks & Kindle

This book by T.K. Leigh is basically the adult version of To All the Boys I've Loved Before. With billionaire New Yorkers instead of high school students, live vicariously through the lives of wealthy Manhattanites and surprising romances.

4. Drakon's Promise - iBooks & Kindle

For the fantasy romance lovers, this book by N.J. Walters follows the life of a man who is half-dragon-half-man, and a woman who unknowingly falls into his world.

5. Country Heaven - iBooks & Kindle

The classic country romance by Jean Oram gets a twist when a country rock singer hires a beautiful local chef to travel with him on tour. We all know that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach...

6. With a Twist - iBooks & Kindle

This romance novel by Staci Hart is about a dancer from the New York Ballet who finally has the chance to go out with the man she's been crushing on for a long time. However, she soon realizes that her true match is someone who's been under her nose the whole time - her guy best friend.

7. Love Under Construction - iBooks & Kindle

Written by M.C. Cerny, this romance book follows the life of a woman who loves home design and flipping houses, and the man who helps with construction who is literally described as a "stubborn hero with a 2x4 stuck up his rear about falling in love."

8. Neanderthal Seeks Human: A Smart Romance - iBooks

This witty and funny novel by Penny Reid follows the real-life quirkiness of an incredibly relatable female and the man she's 100% crushing on hard.

9. Baby Mine - iBooks & Kindle

The classic plot of being in love with your best friend's girl comes to reality in this book by Kennedy Fox.

10. Piper - iBooks & Kindle

The Bachelor is brought to book form with this novel by Ali Parker. A match-making club, 12 men and 10 women, and a girl who needs the cash prize more than anyone else...

11. Awk-Weird - Hoopla

This book by Avery Flynn follows the life of a self-proclaimed awkward and dorky girl who hooks up with a guy who she thinks is way out of her league, thinking that she'll never see him again - until a pregnancy test turns up positive.

12. Crave - Hoopla

Mortal meets vampire in this Twilight-esque fantasy romance novel. Author Tracy Wolff transports readers into a realm where vampires, gods, and monsters exist - who all hate the mortal that falls in love with one of their own.

13. The Hating Game - Hoopla

Two headstrong workplace rivals despise each other. However, in this book by Sally Thorne, as they go head-to-head for a promotion, they realize that maybe their hatred is just unresolved tension. Is is love or just another game between them?

14. Beautiful Ruins - Hoopla

What started as an almost-love affair turns into a rekindled romance 50 years later. Join Jess Walter as she takes us to where it all started: the Italian coast in 1962.

15. Finding Mr. Right Next Door - Hoopla

Written by Sarah Ballance, this romance book is about a girl who has to move in with her guy best friend who lives next door after her house catches on fire. The question is, will they stay just friends, or turn into something more?

16. Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend - Hoopla

This romance book by Jenny Colgan follows the lift of a London "it-girl" who suddenly has to make it in the world without her parent's money. Can she survive in her new world surrounded by four guys in a small flat, a tiny salary, and no hopes of getting her old life back?

17. And Then One Day - Samantha Chase

Samantha Chase brings us a romance novel all about a girl falling for her best friend's older brother, and vice versa. As she plans to leave town for good, can they find that they can live without each other?

18. Dear Jane - Hoopla

Switching the classic romance roles, Kendall Ryan writes about a guy chasing after a girl the he let get away. A pro football athlete finally realized what he was missing, but the girl he's still in love with is already over him. Is there any chance for redemption?

19. Big Girl Panties - Hoopla

Stephanie Evanovich brings us a contemporary romance with a twist. After gaining weight after her husband's death, a woman decides to get back to the gym with a personal trainer. Will love erupt permanently, or will other men start noticing her more?

20. Disturbing His Peace - Hoopla

Tessa Bailey writes a unique romance novel about a police academy cadet and her domineering superior. Will the recruit stick to the rules of the academy, or will love blossom between the two unlikely matches?