Free Museums and exhibitions in L.A.

Free Admissions To L.A. Museums and Exhibitions!

Check out these cool L.A. museums and exhibitions for free for your next date or next location to hang out with friends!

379
The Broad Museum

Museums and exhibitions are great places to explore when you are with friends or on a date. As we get older we tend to appreciate the aesthetic of an artwork and hard work that went behind a sculpture or a painting. Here is a list of some museums in L.A. you can explore for free! Make sure to bring your camera for some cool Instagram pictures as well!

1. The Broad Museum

The Broad Museum

The Broad Museum is a contemporary art museum that has a lot of interesting aesthetic artwork. A lot of the artwork that is displayed at the museum are huge where you can stand next to it and take great pictures! The museum also has a cool room called 'The Infinity Room' where lots of people are mesmerized the by the tiny lights and mirrors that are in that room. To get free admission, make sure to reserve your tickets at the museum's website here!

2. City Hall: Panoramic View

City Hall

The panoramic view of City Hall is free on Mondays through Fridays from 8 am to 5 pm. People can have a great view of Downtown L.A. and a tour of city hall which is great since city hall is a historical building in Los Angeles. Fun fact city hall used to be the tallest building in the city of L.A in the 1950's until 1964. It is close to Placita Olvera so if you decide to check out that panoramic view make sure to stop by and see where the city of Los Angeles began which is located at Placita Olvera.

3. Bradbury Building

Bradbury Building

The Bradbury Building is an architectural landmark best known for its extraordinary skylit atrium of access walkways, stairs, and elevators, and their ornate ironwork. The building is very beautiful with amazing details. You may have seen some parts of the building if you have seen the movie 500 Days of Summer or Lethal Weapon which are some popular films that have been filmed in the Bradbury building. The building is open from Monday through Friday from 9 am to 6 pm and from Saturday to Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm.

4. The Getty Museum (Malibu & Los Angeles)

The Getty Villa

The Getty Villa in Malibu has beautiful artwork from Greek, Roman, and Etruscan artists' dating from 6,500 BC to 400 AD. The Getty Villa has a beautiful outdoor garden and architecture where one can beautiful pictures. From September 6-29 the Villa is going to have their annual outdoor theater production Bacchae by Euripides where it features a classical tragedy or comedy plays. The Getty Los Angeles is also a beautiful place to visit, not only does the museum display beautiful European artwork, but you get to have a great view of West Los Angeles. It also has a beautiful garden as well where one can explore. The Getty Los Angeles is closed on Mondays while the one at Malibu is closed on Tuesdays.

5. The California Science Center

California Science Center

The California Science Center provides different science exhibitions from space, interactive films, to marine life and it is located in Exposition Park, near the USC area. The Science Center is very fun and interactive for all different age groups making science fun for everyone! As of right now, the science center has 'King Tut: Treasures of the Golden Pharaoh' as part of an exhibition for a limited time and from what I heard the exhibition is good!

6. The Hammer Museum 

Hammer Museum

The Hammer Museum exhibits artwork from Los Angeles artists and surrounding areas. As of right now, the Hammer Museum is your artwork from current Angelinos, UCLA students, and alumni as part of their Made in L.A. exhibition. I've already gone to the Made in L.A. exhibition and it is really cool! There are a lot of interesting artwork being displayed so make sure to bring your best camera if you like taking pictures! Lastly, the exhibition is about to end in a few days so if you are near Westwood make sure to check it out which ends on September 2, 2018.

7. Planetarium and Telescope Show at UCLA

UCLA Astronomy Department

The planetarium show presents an hour discussion about the current night sky, constellation, astronomical phenomena, and more by a graduate student who is studying astronomy. On clear nights visitors can look through one of the department telescopes after the show. The Planetarium show is exhibited on the 8th and 9th-floor roof of the UCLA Mathematical Sciences Building which gives you the chance to explore UCLA and Westwood as well!

Now that you know some great museums and exhibitions to explore in L.A. for free I hope you all have a great time with your friends or with your date if you decide to check them out!