Four Things To Know About Bookworms

Four Things To Know About Bookworms

I Like Big Books and I Can Not Lie.

54
Four Things To Know About Bookworms
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/02/6364258317880932741525468984_books-education-school-literature-51342.jpg

Bookworms. That classic, cute, nerdy, stereotype. One of the Internet's favorite topics. And what should be one of your favorite personalities. (JK. Kinda. We're all great in our own ways). However, back to the stereotype part. I feel like there are some of those that need to be cleared up. Some circulated around the 'net seem to be right, and some seem to be wrong. So here's four things everyone should know about bookworms, straight from a bookworm herself (seriously -- in fourth grade I got in trouble for reading under my desk during math class).

1. Some of us do have favorite books

Seriously. I know bookworms have a stereotype of not being able to choose, but that is not necessarily true. Having a favorite book does not mean you do not love reading. It does not mean you do not love reading other books, or books by other authors, etc. It just means that one book is the one you love the best.

2. Do not interrupt us

Seriously. The one time this could be acceptable is to ask what we are reading. And if we just hold the book up to show the title, that means that we are not in the mood to continue the conversation. If we launch into an excited rant about the book, feel free to carry on the convo. Also, if we look particularly emotional, we're good.

3. Ask about our favorite books

See above points. Bookworms love giving book recommendations. And bonus points if you like what we recommend. If you do not, that is okay too. After we got over the emotional betrayal, we'll be happy to have a spirited debate on the book. Just, if we lend you a book, return it in the condition in which we gave it to you.

4. We do not get sick of gift cards

Seriously. I go through this every present giving occasion. Gift cards are BAE. Barnes & Noble, Amazon, a local independent book shop. Anything that can be used to buy books; we're good. If gift cards are not your thing, try your favorite book, or some cute book related paraphernalia.