Four 80's Cartoons with Stupid Plots

Four 80's Cartoons with Stupid Plots

The 80's was a magical time with some strange cartoons.

472
Four 80's Cartoons with Stupid Plots
YouTube.com

The 80's. Man, what a time to be alive I think. It seemed like everything was pretty cool in the 80's. Less awareness about concussions, dope snack foods, and Thundercats. Fun stuff. But then, there's the dumb stuff about the 80's, like the amount of foolish cartoons. I'm going to talk about four of them. Now, I will admit, I haven't seen three of the four shows I'm talking about, so you might think that I don't have the right to talk about any of them. Well, too bad. That's why I'm just talking about the plots. So here we go!

1. The Snorks

I openly don't like The Smurfs. They're little blue weird guys and one girl. Where did they all come from? Why do they have to call Papa Smurf, Papa Smurf? But anyway, The Snorks is pretty much the same thing as The Smurfs, but it's underwater (and they have stupid tubes on their head). It's just an odd show. The back story of the show is that in the 1600s, a couple of Snorks saved a captain of The Spanish Armada from drowning (According to Wikipedia). That's a pretty neat story, but it doesn't explain where the hell these things came from. The sea is a horrifying place. You never know what's lurking down there, but I'm certain it's not friendly mutated bugs who use clams as currency. The series follows Allstar Seaworthy, an athletic Snork with an uncreative name. Everybody likes him and he doesn't have any negative aspects about him. The show's most consistent bad guy is Wellington Wetworth Jr., who's rich. He's a jerk and we hate him because he has nicer stuff than us. There's also the Snork-eaters. It's a group of fish who eat Snorks. They actually sound kind of funny. I like those characters.

2. Rubix, The Amazing Cube

There it is folks. That's what hell on earth looks like. Rubix is a sentient Rubix Cube that is owned by an evil magician. Luckily, Rubix fell out of the magician's bag and was then picked up by a couple of nice kids, who apparently weren't petrified by the thing. Rubix helps the kids with their problems, and everyone is a big happy family. The plot is kind of creative, but why does this need to exist? Has anyone ever saw this show and thought "Well shit, I need to go buy a Rubix Cube?" If anything, I think this should be considered false advertising. This Rubix Cube can fly and help people through difficult situations in life. My Rubix Cube has stickers that won't re-stick when I try to put them back on. Where can I get one of the cool ones? Anyway, this is a dumb show.

3. Beverly Hills Teens

This show is probably what Archie would be if Archie and his friends were all filthy rich. With that being said, this show is completely unnecessary. The show follows Larke, a pretty blonde girl who's nice to her friends, so if you don't know her too well, prepare to face a pretty mean lady. Her love interest is some likable hunk named Troy. All the ladies want him, especially Bianca, Larke's worst enemy. They don't like each other, mainly because they both like Troy. There are some other characters as well, but they aren't that important to the plot. The problem with the show is that it's hard to relate too. Episode 46 of the series has Bianca schedule an impromptu modeling assignment for Larke, just so Bianca and Troy can study together. I'm sure most teenage girls have that happening to them all the time.

4. Gilligan's Planet

This is the exact definition of beating a dead horse. I understand Gilligan's Island was a popular show, but making it a cartoon and putting it on a new planet just doesn't really make sense. The thought of the show sounds like a joke I would make with my friends. I guess Warner Brother's were short on cash and figured this was a good way to make a quick buck. Also, why would these people go anywhere with Captain Jonas Grumby after the island incident? Not to mention, Captain Grumby is not NASA. So why did everyone just assume his rocket ship would be functioning? Just a lot of stupidity on this one.