I Want To Look Forward To Mondays Again

I Want To Look Forward To Mondays Again

I'm feeling productive again...

27
Unsplash

Of all days of the week, none get more shade than Monday. Now, I get it –– it's the start of the week and all the responsibilities and work that come with it are what make people hate it so much. Yes, Monday is the first day of the week. Yes, Monday getting up in the morning is a pain in the ass especially after a chill Sunday or a wild Saturday.

Monday is the day when it feels like there's a bit of clout while it's getting started and it's the day when it's so easy to just say "screw this garbage" and drag yourself through the bare essentials of what needs to be done that day. It's the day when laying in bed and accepting defeat feels like such a welcome feeling that even the strongest person would be staggered.

Yet, even with all that against it, its the other side of the coin that makes it all the more worthwhile.

A new week means a new beginning. A new week means a new chance to grasp the opportunities that are just waiting for me to take them. It's a chance to move past the things that may have held you back in the week before and take the first steps towards making whatever I could want to out of the week that is to come.

The first step towards a brighter tomorrow is getting through today, so why not do it and not feel like a dying piece of garbage?

I'm highly aware of how disgustingly motivated I sound as I type this out and, ya know what? Maybe that's what I need. I've gone through the phases of college in the last couple weeks and I honestly feel like the thing I need more than anything is having the desire to push myself as hard as I did before college. I want to be the one that had notes ready before the lecture even happened, the one that walked into an exam and walked out first because I knew every answer, the one that was excited to be productive and honestly thrived in progress.

So yes. I'm going to be painstakingly motivated again. I'm going to take every day a step at a time and do what I need to do to be proud of the work I put forward. I'm going to do everything I can to be better than what I am now and for that –– for that, I'm going to grasp my Mondays again.