"Fortnite Battle Royale" The Newest Game Everyone Should Love

This free game will give you countless hours of fun.

194
Fortnite Instagram

“Fortnite Battle Royale” has blasted onto the gaming scene. There aren’t many games that come out and instantly grab the attention of millions of players without any prior notoriety. For the few people who have yet to hear about this game, let me describe it to you. Basically, the most popular part of the game is the free online Battle Royale. According to PC Games News, “Battle Royale is a violent, unpredictable, and frenzied multiplayer game mode where the only goal is to survive until you’re the only player left alive. You can win them by hiding in bushes and waiting for the herd to thin out, or scavenge a weapon and start reducing the numbers yourself”.

In Fortnite, 100 people drop from a bus onto a large island in which you must skydive to whatever location you’d like to try and be the last one standing. There is a solo mode, which throws you into a game by yourself; a duo mode, that throws you into a game with one other person which is your teammate; and finally, the squad mode, which lets you play with an extra two or three people. The main game, or the Co-op PvE, is called “Save The World”. This game mode is not nearly as popular as the Battle Royale game mode because you have to pay for it.

Fortnite gets a lot of negative attention by some gamers because they claim that the game is too similar to PubG. PubG is the real-life version of Fortnite, which came out just a few months before Fortnite did. Of course, there are gamers that can’t stand the thought of a game with cartoon graphics being better than a real-life-style game, but it’s true. Fortnite does a great job with it’s frequent updates and it’s differences from PubG to make it better. For starters Fortnite allows you to build using materials like wood, brick, and metal. You can build skyscrapers, or just little forts, but whatever you build, it involves creativity that other Battle Royale games lack. These structures can provide protection for you, or a height advantage that allows you to mow down the competition.

Fortnite also does a great job with differentiating their weapons. Other Battle Royale games just drop loot that looks the same. As a new gamer, it might be hard to tell which weapon is better when there are so many options. To fix this problem, Fortnite differentiates their weapons or potions by color coding them. According to Gamer Revolution,Gray weapons are common, Green weapons are uncommon, Blue weapons are rare, Purple weapons are epic, and Orange/gold weapons are legendary. So when you manage to kill an opponent, a variety of colors drop to the ground for your picking and the satisfaction of seeing these colors is different than any other game.

But in my opinion, the most differentiating factor behind the game is the fact that it's free. For a whole zero dollars, you can get countless hours of fun with no impact to your wallet. Other Battle Royale games can cost you thirty dollars or more, and Fortnite let's you play for free. This aspect of the game isn't talked about enough. The game developers could have released the game at a price higher than zero to be greedy, but they were kind enough to release it for free. And for the gamers that want to try the main game, The game developers are going to make the base game free this year! They are far from greedy and just want to give the community happiness. Great job Fortnite and Epic Games!

This game has brought joy to millions of gamers, stretching from kids all the way to celebrities. It allows you to be creative and competitive all while being free, so this game really is good. Oh, and If I haven't sold you on this game yet, maybe these Fortnite memes will convince you otherwise. Where we dropping boys!