2018 fashion trends to leave behind in the new year

7 Fashion Trends You Need To Leave Behind In 2018

These trends of 2018 are not going to make it in to 2019

125
https://unsplash.com/photos/_KaMTEmJnxY

Fashion trends are ever changing and there is nothing worse than feeding into a trend all years and collecting so many clothes that won't be considered 'trendy' in the next year. To get a head start, these are the things that likely will not transfer over into the new year of fashion.

1. Tiny Sunnies

This trend was first spotted by our usual high-end fashion influencers such as Kim Kardashian, Hailey Baldwin, Bella Hadid, and plenty more. These stylish sunnies were a staple piece in everyone's summer look. Wearing these shades at the tip of your nose had us looking like human versions of the Three Blind Mice. Now, this trend has begun to die out and it is best to leave them behind come the new year.

2. Puffy Coats

Ever seen a marshmallow or the Michelin man? This is exactly what every person wearing these extreme puffy coats looks like, yet fashionable. It looks like you decided to take an over-sized marshmallow and stick your head and arms through. Needless to say, these coats were right on trend, but definitely not the most flattering choice of clothing for everyone.

3. Plastic Boot Heels

These shoes made a huge statement in 2018. Many people disliked the shoe yet some loved how unique the shoe is. This shoe even went viral on twitter because they were not practical. A day of use could result in a sweaty foggy mess within the shoe, ruining the look all together. These shoes are best used for decoration and Instagram clout, but not for regular wear. This is why the plastic bag boot trend is dead.

4. Neon Zenon

Neon is a trend that has come and gone over the decades, but each time it has come back styled differently. Neon in itself is a great statement that can potentially shift into the new year, but it's pairing with a futuristic Zenon look is not coming with you. Silver metallics and neon are not the way to go. Instead, save this look for the upcoming music festivals.

5. Sporty Motorcross

Checker-prints, red striped lines, and track pants were the easiest go to for a chill day. Checker print was everywhere, and exploring your inner motocross chic was very necessary. The idea of sportswear is still a go, but the 'racey' style is behind us. We no longer want to be a hot racer girl, instead, we are moving on to streetwear.

6. Bust Out Cropped Hoodie

Is it safe to say, Mean Girls was the ultimate influencer? The point of this hoodie is simply to have a hood and cover your arms. It was first picked up by viewers of Kylie Jenner snapchat story in a tank and choppy hoodie. This takes relaxed wear up a notch to be sexier. Not everyone is a fan of buy ripped up clothing, but that is an ongoing concern with anything distressed. This trend had shifted from bust out hoodies to cut out tops.

7. Fanny Packs

You either love them or hate them, but never think because you are wearing a fanny pack you are all of a sudden trendy. The thing with these ugly waist bags is that you have to have a LOOK. Your outfit has to be full quality original and not like you are trying too hard to look like something you are not. If you are a fan of these bags and do not quite want to leave them behind, try to get into belt bags. These are belts with compartments for items.

2018 was a year of many questionable style choices, but we enjoyed them all. 2019 expect to see much of what we wore in 2018 and be ready to explore what is new.