13 Netflix Classics To Watch On Rainy Days

The only water you'll feel will be from tears of all the emotions.

585

Netflix has become an integral part of my rainy days. I cuddle up with my dog, burrito myself in a large blanket with a hot cup of coffee in my hands. I then proceed to binge watch movies and television shows. While there are a lot of new material on Netflix, below are classic series and movies that anyone will love.

1. Friends (1994-2004)

This ten seasoned television show tells the comedic stories of six friends in New York City. Monica, Chandler, Phoebe, Ross, Joey, and Rachel rely on each other through rough break-ups, crazy family members, and so much more.

2. The Little Rascals (1994)

The comedic film was inspired by the television series "Our Gang." It tells the story of Alfalfa and his mischievous gang navigating their way through the trials of bullies, cooties, and being in love.

3. Cheers (1982)

Set in downtown Boston, Sam, a former baseball player, and his gang meet some pretty interesting people in his bar. Together, they exchange witty banter with one another.

4. Princess Bride (1987)

Farmhand Westley must save his one true love Buttercup, after she is kidnapped by thieves and put under the clutches of an evil prince.

5. Grease (1978)

Though the new Grease just came out, John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John nail it as two high schoolers in love- much to their friends dismay.

6. West Wing (1999)

The West Wing shows the daily frustrations of democratic policy makers, struggling to better their country. They tackle the issues of war, gun control, health care, and much much more.

7. Good Will Hunting (1997)

Therapist, Sean Maguire helps unwilling young janitor, Will Hunting confront the demons of his past after a professor discovers that he is a math genius.

8. Frasier (1993)

Set in the heart of Boston, psychiatrist and hypocrite Frasier Crane gives advice over his own radio show while ignoring it in his own life creating awkward and uncomfortable moments in his personal life.

9. Hairspray (1988)

Though the 2007 film is good as well, Netflix has the 1988 Hairspray film. Young Tracy breaks open the racist social norms of Baltimore when she is casted on a television show after she wins the city over with her bubbly personality.

10. Gilmore Girls (2000)

This television tells the adventures of single mom, Lorelai and her smart and gifted daughter, Rory.

11. Forrest Gump (1994)

Forrest Gump tells the story of a friendly and simplistic man navigating through the historical events of the 1960s and 1970s.

12. Rent (2005)

Set in the 1990s, this film tackles the issues of sexuality, drugs, and AIDS in the United States. In the heart of New York City, eight friends battle the troubles of poverty, drugs, and AIDS through music.

13. To Kill A Mocking Bird (1962)

Based off of the Pulitzer prize award-winning book by Harper Lee, this movie tackles the issues of racism in the sixties. Scout Finch's world is turned upside down when her father Atticus decides to defend an innocent black man against bogus accusations of rape. The film may focus on the white characters, but the film shows a great amount about the transformation of the black identity, in film.