For The Love Of Color

Lately, I have been seeing tweets that have been about a certain color of clothing and skin color. There's been a lot of talk about the color yellow and how white people are ruining the beauty of this color. It is a confusing concept to wrap my head around.

Of course, darker skin tones look phenomenal in yellow, but also they look amazing in any color they choose to wear. New colors trend every season. Prior to yellow, burgundy and olive green had the spotlight. Now yellow happens to be the spring and summer trend of 2018.

So, what if an Ecuadorian woman wears yellow and has very light skin? Is it okay if she wears yellow because she technically has a white skin tone? What about an Italian woman who has naturally dark skin? Does she get a loophole? What if a Nigerian woman’s favorite color to wear is black?

I love the color yellow and I don’t want to be judged for wearing a color that was not invented last month and is just a part of the rainbow. Nor should anyone else be judged for what they choose to wear. What I’m trying to get at is that we should just stop shaming women for their choices, because haven’t women already been through enough? If any woman chooses to wear black one day, purple the next, and yellow the following day, so be it.

Women are beautiful for the unique skin tone and in every color outfit they chose to wear. We should empower women, not bring them down, especially if you are a woman yourself.