For The Girls Who Prefer To Stay In

For The Girls Who Prefer To Stay In

Are you a homebody?

26
For The Girls Who Prefer To Stay In

Live fast. Die young. Bad girls do it well.

But what if I’d rather stay home tonight and have a Netflix marathon? You may not get a weird look on most days but on Thursday and Friday nights in a college town, it is very abnormal.

I know I’m not the only college student who does not go out on the weekends but there’s always a part of me that feels guilty or left out for not doing so. While others are living the college dream, I’m making Jim faces into imaginary cameras.

But no more! There’s nothing wrong with staying in just like there’s nothing wrong with going out. Having no plans on a Friday night has its perks:

You don’t have to look cute.

It’s amazing how much effort it takes to look like a decent human being. So why try when you can look like yourself and still have a blast.

You can stuff your face like nobody’s business.

The perfect occasion to try out that new Pinterest recipe you’ve been dying to make or even opting out for a Chick-fil-A run.

There are so many location options.

Your bed. The TV lounge. The kitchen. Your roommate’s bed. The hallway. The formal living room. The informal living room. Your best friend’s apartment. Even the library if you so choose.

Netflix and Chill.

Netflix is a must but you can also replace it with Hulu Plus, YouTube, Block Buster?, etc. And I mean chill as in, lights dimmed, the mood is set, and squeezing every single one of your friends on the couch for a group snuggle.

You can actually learn something.

If you find yourself deep into the twisted side of YouTube, that’s okay. Sometimes you can learn something new from that elephant documentary. Or you'll find yourself watching the same cat vine over and over, but honestly it is "college in a vine".

The most important perk is having valuable time with friends. When you’re out partying, either the music is too loud or there are too many people to keep track of. A night in is something that should never be taken for granted because it is where you could potentially make your favorite memories.

The key to a true college experience is to try new things. Go out and have fun but also remember to stay home and relax. Just remember to never lose sight of who you are and if you are a stay at home gal, do not ever feel guilty for doing so. You’re the raddest of them all!