A Lesson For The Brokenhearted

A Lesson For The Brokenhearted

Love Yourself Enough To Walk Away

202
A Lesson For The Brokenhearted
Brantley Culp

The thing about life is that it is beautiful. The fact that God made you exactly who you are, unique from all of those surrounding you. He gave us the power to feel. Although everything we feel isn’t always happiness, we’re able to feel for others, to love and to hurt, to grow.

I’m not here to push my faith onto you but here’s how my faith has helped me:

The past few weeks have been a roller coaster for me. I have loved and I have lost but mostly I have hurt. At first, I felt unworthy. The guy I truly adored played me like a fool. Knowing someone you loved was all about someone else when he was with you claiming he “would never leave” or that “you’re the only one.” All of those promises were empty and left broken.

It’s tragic, the way that all that your feeling was so genuine and he was just pretending. This just makes him unworthy of me and my love. I know that because of my God, I am worthy of it all because I gave my all. My God fought for me and he died for my sins because he LOVED me. So if you love with all that you have and give your best, know that you are worthy of the world.

God doesn’t give you battles if he doesn’t think you are strong enough to handle them. He gives you these battles because he knows that you’ll get through it and grow from it. He takes away what we think is right for us because he has better things planned. So maybe I did fall in love with the wrong guy, but I have learned from it.

I learned how to truly trust someone for the first time in my life. He broke that trust for himself but when the right man does come around, I can love him even more. Maybe the whole heartbreak has made me weary of giving my heart up again but the right man will earn it. He’ll fight for it and he will fight for me.

I deserve the world and I know that. I won’t settle for anything less and neither should you. You’re all queens and you’re all kings. Stop choosing people who don’t choose you, who don’t give you their all, those who lie to you or cheat on you.

There is someone in the world for each and every one of us. It may take some searching and some heartbreak along the way, but the right person will make you forget all the pain you have ever felt. The right one will love you with all that they have and you will never have to question it. All the love they will have to offer will heal those scars from the previous tragedies you have overcome.

Just know that the pain you are feeling now is never permanent. Everything gets better and life changes a little bit at a time. You can’t look to your past for happiness, only reminisce on those good times. Move forward and grow as a person. Learn to love yourself more and more each day and really get to know yourself.

Build your relationship with God because he will be the one to help you carry the weight. He is the one who holds your heart in his hands. So when your heart feels heavy and you just want to give up, find yourself kneeling, talking to God. He will be the one to bring you peace in the middle of pain.

With each event in your life, something greater is happening. People will come into your life and people will walk out but along the way, you will learn who is true. Leave toxic people behind. Anyone who doesn’t bring out the best in you or want the best for you, isn’t worth a second of your time. You have one life, don’t waste it on people who don’t deserve you.

Love yourself enough to walk away.