No, Being Brutally Blunt Isn't Something You Should Be Proud Of

I'm not gonna tolerate it.
1060

Do you ever meet those people who just say whatever comes out of their mouth before speaking? I'm not talking about the "word vomit" we sometimes spew, I'm talking about when people are just flat out rude and they consider themselves to be honest people. They're not being honest, they are just being mean.

I've seen these kinds of people being called out for their behavior and their response is usually, "Well, I'm just a b*tch, sorry not sorry." Well, to be fair, you are! That's not something you should be proud of! It's definitely not a good personality trait to have either. Also, notice how brutally blunt people can dish it, but they can't take it. Once they've had the same thing done to them, they suddenly become the victim and I'm not here for it.

Being blunt doesn't mean you have to put down others. I'm not saying you have to sugar coat things and not be honest. You can be honest with someone without making them feel terrible. An opinion is great to have, but if it's going to hurt anyone, then it's best to keep it to yourself. This doesn't make you a likable person nor does this show that you're confident in yourself. This just shows the many insecurities you have and deep down, you probably don't feel good about yourself. To say, "This is me, take it or leave it" is wrong because you've convinced yourself to be this way.

We need to learn to be kinder with each other. Instead of taking pride in being a "bad b*tch", let's take pride in being a good person and in lifting each other up instead of tearing others down.