For All Of The College/University Freshmen

47
google.com/images

To you, the freshman in college/university, in a new place.

Sometimes it's hard to get adjusted to a new place, and to a new schedule or lifestyle. But, remember that you're not alone in feeling that you are stressed or scared. A lot of people have been there, especially me. I'm a freshman in a new place, and away from home. It's definitely scary and confusing, but it helps me to find friends who I can relate to and can ask for help if I need it. Having a support group will help immensely and it will most definitely help you to start adjusting. Please, if you are ever feeling stressed, or overloaded, or just feel like you can't do it. Please remember that there are people there for you to help you, it may be scary to reach out to someone that you don't know, but it will help out in the long run.

A few things that may help take some of that stored up stress away would be things like taking a breather on the weekends when you have free time. See if some of your friends will help you and go with you to help you have a good time and get your mind off of some of the things that are keeping you stressed out. Another thing is catching up on your sleep, with all of these new classes that you're taking you're probably not used to that much of a schedule from high school. So please get some much needed rest when you have the chance, it can be on the weekends or during the day when you have some free time in between classes to take a nap. But, make sure that you are taking some time to yourself as well because you will definitely need some me time in there.

But, most importantly, if you are ever feeling really stressed or like you're the only one feeling this and that you shouldn't mention it. Please talk to someone, you're not alone and a lot of your peers or any of the adults around you would be willing to help you. Remember, not only are they your peers or just your professors but they are people just like you, and they would love to see you succeed. So fight hard and keep going, believe in yourself!