Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. - Psalms 119:133
Something that I have learned about God is that time is not really an important factor to Him.
I think something we do, as human beings, has a plan of action for our life. You want to be married by age 26. You want to have kids before you're 34. You want to spend 4 years or less in your undergraduate program. You set all these expectations that you want to achieve by this date or age of your life.
However, God doesn't seem to really rely on time that much. He doesn't have in His book, "you need to get this done in this amount of years or at this age". To Him, your life isn't about getting things done at a certain time in your life but instead, getting one step done before another.
I have been really studying about God's will and what that looks like for us. God has a starting point and an ending destination He wants us to eventually end up at. However, His will isn't really on a time scale of how we think it is. Instead, it's more of following footsteps and eventually ending up at that destination. To Him, we have to complete step one, in order to move on to step two, then we can go to step three, and so on. To us, we want to give each step a time limit, but to God, it doesn't really matter about the time limit of it. He is in control of your life and He wants to just watch you take the steps that He has laid before you.
Sometimes, we can't always see what the next step in front of us is. This is can be very nerve-racking or scary for some of else that like to plan things out and have things in control. However, God wants us to trust in Him and remember that our life is our own timeline. We do not need to compare our timeline to anyone else's or what society thinks our timeline should look like. God is the creator and the controller of our timeline. He wants you to take the steps that He has laid before you and eventually end up at that glorious destination.
Your purpose in life isn't to complete all the tasks before a certain age, but instead, to just complete the tasks that He has already set for you. So, stop worrying about the timeline of everyone else. Stop worrying about the timeline of your life and just live your life, trusting God and the path set before you.
- 20 Verses About God's Plan for Your Welfare, Future, and Hope ... ›
- Gods Plan For You - YouTube ›
- “I Know the Plans I Have for You” - Trusting God When It's Scary ... ›
- God Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life | Desiring God ›
- You're Not Messing Up God's Plan for You ›
- What is God's plan for me? How do I find God's plan for my life? ›
- 22 Top Bible Verses about God's Will & Plan - Encouraging Scripture ›
- Devotional: Seeking God's plan | The Salvation Army ›
- Would God Ask You Into Debt to Answer His Call? | Stewardship.com ›
- Follow the path God has set for you and let Him be the light unto that ... ›
- Psalm 18:36 You broaden the path beneath me so that my ankles do ... ›
- God Has Chosen Us in Him Before the Foundation of the Earth ... ›
- God Will Guide Your Steps in this Life ›
- Deuteronomy 5:33 - NLT - Stay on the path that the LORD your God ... ›
- The Path to Freedom is Surrender | CBN.com ›
- What Does the Bible Say About The Plans God Has For Us? ›
- Follow in His Footsteps ›
- Following Jesus' Footsteps | Generals International ›
- Follow in His Footsteps ›