Why God's Plan Is Far Greater Than Your Own
popular

"The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." — Proverbs 16:9

10852

In your 20s, it is normal for every detail of your life to be planned. Where you are going to college, what your major will be, who you will be in a relationship with, what organization is best for you, what church you will attend, the list can go on and on.

Through all the chaos of our insanely busy 20-something lives, we forget to stop, take a breath, and actually pray to God to lead us to follow the plan He set for us. Many times in my life I have planned and planned, and put so much effort and thought into each and every big life plan I was going to do... but I never once asked God if that is what He intended for me.

So often we are devastated when the plans that were not meant for us don't work out. No matter how much effort and planning we do to support a dream or a relationship, they often crumble because we were so focused on obtaining our version of a fairy tale ending that we don't even think about the gigantic and beautiful plans that God has made for us.

“I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." — Jeremiah 29:11

God knows each and every one of our hearts better than anyone else ever will. He carefully created each one of us with His righteous plan. Even if you have planned every detail of your life, down to what Pinterest wedding cake you want at your non-existent wedding, your life will never be as fulfilled as giving your plans all up to God. But how scary is that? Letting go of everything that you have dreamed and worked for or letting go of a relationship you know that God did not intend for you to be in. What if the signs were wrong and that path is meant for you? Or, what if you really are supposed to end up with that person? Giving everything up to God and losing control can be scary, but as Christians, how can you be following God without following His plan for you?

It is not only about putting your faith in Jesus, but it is also about trusting Him. If God showed you the amazing plans that He has for you, it would amaze you. All the things that you accomplish, the people that change your life completely, the places that you go that will leave you completely in awe, it would be easy to throw away all of your own black and white plans and immediately follow His plan. But that is not what faith is.

Faith is about blindly believing. That is what is so beautiful about it. Being afraid to fully commit to giving up your plans to God is normal because most Christians are afraid of failing or getting hurt. Every obstacle in your life molds you into the person that God meant for you to be. God's plans for your future are far greater than any of your fears.

Instead of endlessly planning every step in our lives, remember the most important thing is to pray to Jesus to guide you. God is all knowing, all powerful and wants nothing but success for you. Though you may stumble, it only makes you stronger and shapes you into a stronger woman in Christ.

“Commit to the Lord whatever you do and He will establish your plans." — Proverbs 16:3