13 Foods To Get Your Partner In The Mood For Sex

13 Foods To Get Your Partner In The Mood This Valentine's Season

Ladies and gents, Valentine's day is right around the corner and the best way to get your partner in the mood is through the power of food!

448

We are a week away from the most romantic day of the year, Valentine's Day! Now, for those of you spending the holiday at home and looking to spice up your night, this is it.

There is no better way to say "I love you" than with a home-cooked meal. Though, whether you're cooking yourself, ordering in, or going out to eat, there are a few go-to items you must include in your meal! Before cooking or ordering, make sure to follow this list of aphrodisiac foods, they will leave your partner smiling, full and well, in the mood to celebrate (wink wink)!

Chocolate, duh!

Mmm chocolate, the mascot of Valentine's day. I mean you cannot go wrong in having some chocolate covered strawberries or some heart shaped dessert chocolate. Chocolate contains the chemicals anandamide and phenylethylamine which boost our feel-good hormone, serotonin! So, this is me saying, YES enjoy some dessert!!

Watermelon

Here's something you didn't see coming! Watermelon is equivalent to Viagra! How you may ask? Well, citrulline an amino-acid is found in the fruit which relaxes the blood vessels throughout the body which can increase libido, similar to Viagra. Add some watermelon into the mix for dessert, snack or even a cocktail!

Pomegranates

If you haven't hopped on the pom train, now is the time as this aphrodisiac is potent. Pomegranates are high in anti-oxidants which can increase blood flow, subsequently increasing genital sensitivity. It also is known to increase testosterone levels which in turn stimulates a sexual appetite. You can add Pomegranates into the meal by adding them into a cocktail or salad!

Banana

Okay, aside from their more obvious phallic shape, the potassium found in bananas can increase muscle strength and potentially help intensify orgasms. Fruit salad anyone?

Celery

Well, who would've thought? Celery may not be the most exciting of the bunch BUT it said to increase the pheromone levels in a man's sweat, making them more attractive to a woman. Also, they have phyto-androgens which are similar to testosterone and can increase a women's libido! My suggestion? Buy some organic celery and dip those bad boys in some dark chocolate. Double trouble.

Oysters

Oh yes, the face of aphrodisiac foods, oysters. Yes, they have a yonic appearance and yes there's slurping involved when eating them. Aside from all of that, oysters have been found to increase dopamine levels which boosts the libido in both men and women. They are also high in Zinc which can increase testosterone levels and the production of healthy sperm. Maybe an appetizer is all you need!

Asparagus

Asparagus is loaded with a B vitamin called Folate which aids in increasing the production of Histamine; Histamine is known for increasing a healthy sex drive in both men and women. Make sure to include a side of asparagus in whichever entree you choose!

Chilies

Now we're getting spicy! Capsaicin is found in chilies and is the cause for their hotness. Capsaicin promotes the release of of chemicals which raises your heart rate and triggers the release of endorphins, giving off that natural high. This can increase blood flow, pump nerve endings and pump up your libido! Say yes to spicy!

Pumpkin Seeds

I see a night full of snacking in your future! Snacking on pumpkin seeds will be extremely beneficial as they are loaded with numerous libido boosting vitamins and minerals like B, C, D, E, K, calcium, niacin, phosphorus, and potassium. They also contain zinc, like oysters, which will support healthy sperm production... you know, so the world can be blessed with more Scorpios.

Raw Garlic

Okay, so this one isn't as sexy as the rest. I mean, your partner definitely may stray away from kissing you... for a while. But, if you're up for it, raw garlic contains allicin, which is thought to increase blood flow to sex organs and can increase your libido. My advice? Keep mouth wash glued to your side and eat at your own risk.

Cinnamon

Now, this I can get on board with! Cinnamon is known for hating up the body and increasing both your physical and sexual appetite. Sprinkle some Cinnamon onto your dessert, after dinner coffee, or bake it into your cake, cupcakes, and muffins!

Almonds

Almonds are loaded with zinc and selenium, which as we now know, are essential for our reproductive health! Almonds can also boost blood circulation and can really get that libido going! Chocolate covered almonds may be a must!

Ginger

Yum! Ginger will increase blood flow in the sex organs and warm the blood up, increasing temperature in the body. **Cues "Hot in Here" by Nelly** Add some ginger into your soup, tea or dessert!