Focus On Your Marriage, Not Just Your Wedding

"Every girl wants everything to be perfect on her wedding day, but I want my marriage with the love of my life to be even more perfect."

48
omnihotels.com

As a little girl, I've always dreamed of having a fairy-tale wedding. I dreamed of my perfect white dress, the beautiful ballroom shoes I was going to wear, and the gorgeous venue that I wanted. I always thought that when my big day actually came that I would have everything figured out, but as I grew older my view on my wedding completely changed. Yes, I still would love the perfect dress, the beautiful ballroom shoes, and the perfect venue, but I learned that these things weren't what should be most important about my wedding, my marriage should be.

The other day I was watching a reality tv show about dream weddings, and I witnessed one of the brides go ballistic because the place that she was ordering her flowers from didn't have the exact color blue that she wanted, and I don't want to be that type of bride. I don't want to be the bride that gets upset at the little things that shouldn't really even matter. Your big day shouldn't only be focused around your material items, it should be focused on you and the person that you are about to spend the rest of your life with.

God is the creator of marriage, and He is so passionate about it that He gave it a special place in the Bible and He uses marriage to make us become more like Christ. I expect marriage to be joyous, loving and fulfilling, but I know that it isn't going to be absolutely perfect and it will most definitely come with frustration and difficulties at times; but if before you walk down the aisle to your significant other you each learn to understand that, then you have already begun to make a step towards the both of your happiness. Along with discussing wedding ideas, I believe that it is important for newlyweds-to-be to also discuss what each other expects to receive from marriage; what each other hopes for, their dreams, and how they plan to make their married life work forever.

As your big day rolls around, instead of asking yourself "How will I get all of my wedding needs done?", begin asking yourself, "How can I start today to better my marriage, my relationship with Christ, and my relationship with my fiancé?" Yes, every girl, including me, wants everything to be perfect on her wedding day, but I want my marriage with the love of my life to be even more perfect and I want my future husband and I to love each other as Christ loves us.

So, ladies, on your wedding day remember to not only plan around your wedding, but also the person who has chosen to love you for the rest of your life. That is what is most important.