11 Different Types Of Flowers To Give That Aren't Roses

Thank me after your anniversary or holiday.

209
Personal Photo

Ever since the beginning of this year, I've learned a lot about myself from the work environment I started being in. I started off as a Produce team member at Whole Foods Market and eventually ended up finding myself helping out a little too much in the Floral department. This led me to something I've become really passionate about; flowers. Since becoming a team member over in the flower department and working a good portion of the week, I've become to learn a lot about flowers that not really a lot of people know or seem to really care about until anniversaries or special holidays come around. So here's a few ideas to give to your girl, your mom, or whoever you feel like on an anniversary, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, or just whenever that aren't just regular ol' roses. Don't get me wrong, I love roses, but trust me, these flowers I'm about to name are a bit more worth looking into.

1. Alstromeria

c1.staticflickr.com

Alstro is known to last a bit longer than the normal flower if being cared for in the right way. It can last up to two weeks and it's beautiful to look at!

2. Spray Roses

c1.staticflickr.com

Yeah, I know what you're thinking, "they're roses like you said you wouldn't tell me", okay nope. They're actually cuter than normal roses. They're small baby roses that have multiple little roses to one stem, and it's perfect if you like the look of roses but you're not trying to be too basic, you know?

3. Dahlias

c1.staticflickr.com

Okay, you're going to tell me that your girl wouldn't love THIS over roses? Okay, I don't even need to explain. Next!

4. Sunflowers

c1.staticflickr.com

One of my favorites! So bright and beautiful honestly.

5. Chrysanthemums, aka Mums

c1.staticflickr.com

These guys, just like the spray roses, are so tiny and cute! A lot of them I see around this season are in pots, but where I work we have some bigger ones that we can put in arrangements and w o w the girls love them.

6. Calla Lily's

c1.staticflickr.com

Lots of people love them in their wedding as lots of people love receiving them as well.

7. Stargazer Lily's

upload.wikimedia.org

"Uh, Haley, didn't you just show me Lily's?" Uh, yes except these are the bigger stargazer ones! Trust me guys, there's a big difference!

8. Ranunculus

c1.staticflickr.com

Another small and cute one! Very underrated if you ask me. Show them some more love!

9. Peonies

torange.biz

Another one of my faves! Peonies, oh my gosh. I could go on and on. I love them. They're so big/fluffy and make such a statement.

10. Tulips

upload.wikimedia.org

Such a Spring time type of flower. Your mom would definitely love these on Mother's Day, just saying.

11. Anemones

upload.wikimedia.org

Anemones are another one of those "so underrated" types of flowers. They're dope and are totally not something you see around all the time.

So what we've learned today is that I'm a total nerd for flowers! Kidding.. Okay, totally not, but, trust me, even though flowers may seem like the littlest thing to give to someone, they're always appreciated. Whether it be roses or not, it's always nice to pass along a flower every once in a while. But hey, now you know that there's always better options than just roses. Go big or go home for the next anniversary, birthday, or holiday. I promise whoever you give them to will totally love it.