9 Things I Will Miss About Florida When I Move To Texas

How to people live without a Publix on every street corner

331
Catherine Lewis

In a few months I will be headed West to Texas for graduate school. Even though I am super excited about moving to Texas, there are some things from Florida, the greatest state in America, that I will greatly miss. Yes, I know everyone in Texas thinks Texas is great, but that's because they have not been to Florida, and they clearly have not had a Pub Sub, so here is a list of all the things that I will miss about Florida.

1. Publix

Where do people shop when there is not a Publix? Where to people get Chicken Tender Pub Subs? How has anyone managed to live without a Publix? Do I want to know the answers to these questions?

2. Bento

I have grown to love Bentos between the sweet and sour chicken, the sushi, and the poke bowls. I don't want to have to look for another go to restaurant.

3. Disney World

Disney World is the greatest place on earth, so what am I going to do in a state that is so far from Disney. I mean are there even theme parks in Texas?

4. The laws

I just assume Texas is a lawless land where people are constantly getting into duels at the local saloon, so I am going to miss the laws. Don't try to fight me on this, I know I am right.

5. The news

No state has as many dumb stories as Florida. I mean name another state where a customer through an alligator into a drive-through window.

6. The beaches

Florida beaches > Texas beaches.

7. The alligators

You just get used to the Gators when you grow up in Florida. I mean there were a few in all your classes, you had one as a best friend until they stabbed you in the back and stole your friend group, and your cousin just got married to one. They are just a big part of life in Florida.

8. My family and friends

Ya I guess amongst the other things Florida has, my family and friends live here, so to put it in the least mushy way possible, I will definitely be leaving behind a huge part of my heart. I'm not crying, you're crying.

9. The fun

When you Google "Things to do in Texas", the first thing that comes up is the Alamo. However, when you Google "Things to do in Florida", the first thing that comes up is Walt Disney World. It does not take a rocket scientist, which both states have thanks to NASA, to figure out that Florida is just more fun!