5 simple fixes to common computer issues

Many of us rely so heavily upon our computers, that when something goes wrong it can be a major problem. This is similar to losing power or having water cut off.

21

Many of us rely so heavily upon our computers, that when something goes wrong it can be a major problem. This is similar to losing power or having water cut off. While you'd love to get your system running again as soon as possible it's difficult to do so. Because every computer system is unique, there are almost endless possibilities for problems. It can seem difficult to find the right place to start when trying to repair a broken computer.

You'd be amazed at how many problems share the same root cause. You don't need to seek professional help, but we recommend that you try these simple steps to determine if the problem can be fixed by yourself.

1. Conduct a thorough virus scanner

This is a simple but effective method. Open your virus-scanning tool, launch the most extensive scan, and let it do its work. You should check your program settings to determine what type of scan you have. The most extensive scan, which looks at all files and takes longer to complete, may not be the one that your computer is configured to run. To catch any bad code, you'll want to ensure your scanner is current.

Antivirus scanners may miss some threats and be disabled by them. Therefore, it is worth getting another opinion.

Windows will have more antivirus programs available because it has been subject to malware attacks in the past. Even though Mac OS is well protected, even if you only use the Mac App Store for applications, you cannot be certain that you are safe. Therefore, it is always worth having an anti-virus program and two to troubleshoot problems.

Viral infections and malware can cause all kinds of computer slowdowns and crashes. A scan is worth the effort if your system seems slow, has unusual behavior, or is overloaded with advertisements. You can run an antivirus scan to determine if there are any threats. If your system is healthy, you can then try other troubleshooting options.

2. Software updates

Unpatched software is a major cause of computer problems. This includes ransom ware, glitch keyboards, and keyboards that won't recognize letters. Many updates now happen automatically because they are so important. This is why your computer could suddenly reboot without you knowing.

First, focus on your operating system. Windows can open Settings to search for updates. On Mac OS, launch the App Store directly from the dock. Make sure to apply any updates that are currently pending.

You should check for updates in all your applications, including your web browser, and your antivirus program. This is even if they are automatically updated. The update function should be obvious in all apps. However, if you have any questions, please consult the built-in help options.

You might find the solution to your problems by installing all of the updates that you can find. If they are, you can continue this process to avoid future problems as well as fix any existing ones. You should have fewer computer problems if your installed programs are constantly updating themselves in the background.

3. Test your Wi-Fi connection

This troubleshooting technique is limited to internet-related problems. It only addresses one type of problem. Finding the problem is the key to getting your internet back up and running. It's not difficult.

Plug your computer or laptop straight into the router using an Ethernet Cable. If you are still not getting internet, and no devices connected to Wi-Fi are receiving internet (like tablets and phones), then your router hardware or internet service provider may be the problem. If that is the case then you should call your company to request assistance.

These five tips won't solve all your problems, but they can help you rule out the most basic causes. We are not trying to minimize the importance and value of your local PC repair shop. They should be your next port-of-call if your computer continues to struggle after this guide.

If you can't see the problem you are facing listed here, don't worry; computer repairs gold coast probably can still help you.