- GET A PLANNER. I don’t think I can emphasize this one enough. Whether you’re in class, at a club meeting, or just hanging out with your friends, planners are the only way to not double-book yourself. While the calendar in your phone and computer is good in a pinch, having a pen-and-paper planner also helps you visualize what you need to do on each day. This will help you maximize your free time, which means not only more time to study, but also more time to… well, not study.
- STUDY. This sounds silly, but it’s true. Especially at the beginning of the semester, we get caught up in catching up with everyone, making new friends, and having fun! Besides, it’s still warm out, so we better enjoy it while we can! While hanging out with friends might be fun, though, needing to get perfect scores on the remainder of your assignments for the semester isn’t. Just take an hour or two out of your day to get that work done, so you’re not rushing!
- EAT WELL. You want to do it all. I want to do it all. We all want to do it all. The thing they don’t tell you is that if you have two classes, a gym session, and a club meeting all in one day plus homework and social time, you will drop dead at the end of the day. Just add not getting your vitamins into that mix, and you’re setting yourself up for a pretty nasty cold. I know dining hall food is less than below par, but make sure you get in all your fruits and veggies before you have to visit the doctor’s office.
- SLEEP. Just like eating well, sleeping is something we tend to write out of our schedules (see, #1). With so much to do and so many people to see, why sleep? However, if you don’t sleep, you literally will drop to the floor, and struggling through class running on five cups of coffee shouldn’t be an everyday occurrence—let’s save that for emergencies, like finals. Instead, get at least six hours a night (You should really get between 8 and 9 hours.) to make sure you can have an awesome day.
- HAVE FUN. This one may sound a little cliché, but many people gloss over how important this is. Sure, you go to school to have fun and gain experiences you would not have had elsewhere, but all work and no play is not only a recipe for an unhappy camper. You don't want to be someone who ends up hating school and doesn’t want to do anything but sleep in their room. Make sure you set aside time for your friends and going out when you’re not studying. Without this, some people literally go insane. Remember—while college is supposed to make you smarter, it doesn’t make you wiser if you don’t have any mistakes to learn from!
"I haven't been able to get out of the 'talking phase' with anyone."
The reality is, there's no part of life the pandemic hasn't affected. Whether it's your work life, your home life, your social life, or your love life, coronavirus (COVID-19) is wreaking havoc on just about everything — not to mention people's health.
When it comes to romance, in particular, people are all handling things differently and there's no "right way" of making it through, regardless of your relationship status (single, taken, married, divorced, you name it). So, some of Swoon's creators sought out to hear from various individuals on how exactly their love lives have been affected since quarantine began.
23 Lyrics From Cardi B And Megan Thee Stallion's New Song 'WAP' That Will Make You Need A Cold Shower
It’s all about women empowerment and it’s bringing all the steam!
Megan Thee Stallion and Cardi B just dropped the hottest summer single yet. It's called "WAP" and we're going to get into all the intoxicating lyrics.
This song empowers females and their sexuality. These women put the ridiculous music industry female beef to bed, and I mean tucked away in a coma.
Ask kind, considerate, clarifying questions and you'll learn a lot!
Forty percent of the United States has a chronic illness.
Because everyone has a signature cocktail, cake, or pasta they bring to every potluck.
From back when I used to bring my mom's classic white chocolate chip cookies to preschool on my birthday to now stirring up my signature tequila cocktails at every friends' barbecue, I've always had a couple of standby recipes in my culinary rotation.
I never considered myself a cat person, but Chess immediately stole my heart.
In 2016, a stray cat gave birth to a litter of three grey kittens on my aunt and uncle's property. I had never considered myself to be much of a cat person, but these furballs immediately stole my heart. I got to watch them grow up until they were old enough to leave their mother's side.
Writing your favorite and least favorite things about a show could not be more fun.
Looking for a new show to binge? Stop scrolling through your options and listen.
Sometimes a good show doesn't come down to the genre or the actors involved, it comes down to the fact that it is simply a GOOD show. If any of these things sound appealing to you, you should definitely watch.
Cats may mess up your puzzles but they'll always love you unconditionally — as long as you have some catnip, that is.
Alright, everyone, it's time to stop spreading the rumor that all cats are mean, aloof, and hate everyone. Like dogs, each cat has its own personality and tendencies. Some like a lot of attention, some like less — each person has to find the right cat for them. As for me, my cats Bienfu and Reptar have seen me at my worst, but they've also helped pull me out of it. They're a constant in my life and they give me the strength to get through the day in spite of my depression, and there's even scientific evidence to support it!
Heat-damaged tresses are now a thing of the past.
I've been bleaching my hair since I was in seventh grade. Yes, you read that correctly, seventh grade. That's nearly 10 years of maintaining a very light shade of blonde that too-often brings about dryness and brittle strands.
Not all open letters are created equal.
Chances are if you're here, you're probably interested in writing an open letter. Yay! We're excited to have you.
Of course, not all open letters are created equal. In fact, there's a recipe to writing one for Odyssey that'll get featured on one of our many verticals. When it comes to Swoon specifically (for those new around here, that's our dating and relationships vertical), we receive dozens of open letters each month, many of which are all very similar.
There's something out their for every taste!
With a new phone comes great responsibility: Do not break it! And the best way to do that is with a case. However, picking a case can be a challenge. No need to fret, I am here to help break down some of the best cases for the new iPhone SE 2020. Honestly, I think it's going to be impossible to choose!
I Asked 26 People For Advice On Getting Back Into The Dating Game, And It's All About Loving Yourself
Self-love is everything.
To some who have been out of the dating world for a while, it can be hard to get back into the swing of things after being single for some time. So, I asked 26 people what they think is important to know before looking for love again, here's what they had to say.
- Kaitlyn Bristowe Lyrics
- Elisabeth Anne Carell
- Songs About Being 17
- Grey's Anatomy Quotes
- Vine Quotes
- 4 Leaf Clover
- Self Respect
- Pet Peeves
- Fun Facts About Me
- 20 Questions
- Cool Animals
- New York Slang
- Songs That Remind You of Summer
- 100 Questions
- High Thoughts
- Interesting Animals
- Disney Princess
- Social Construct
- Is Dance a Sport
- Dad Bod
- Cutest Cat Breeds
- Gladiator Quotes
- Underrated Songs
- Cartilage Piercing
- Frat Boy Meaning
- Games Like Skribbl.io
- SpongeBob Quotes