five-things-only-true-harry-potter-fans-know

Five Things Only TRUE 'Harry Potter' Fans Know

"Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders"

10
Kenzie Kesling

As someone who's been apart of the 'Harry Potter' fandom for way too long, I've gained a lot of useless knowledge about all things 'Harry Potter'. Some of these things are amazing and make my heart happy every time I see them and others make me cringe so hard (but in a good way). If you don't know some of these things, I'm not trying to call you out for being a fake fan, but these things I've listed are things that many times only people way too deep into the 'Potterhead' fandom would know about.

"AVPM" and "Puffs"

"AVPM" and "Puff" are both parody stage adaptations of the "Harry Potter" series. The musical company 'Starkid' is who put on 'AVPM' (A Very Potter Musical). It stars Darren Criss as Harry Potter and is one of the funniest things I've ever seen (like four times). You can find 'AVPM' on YouTube, it's broken up into scenes so it's easy to watch and come back later to watch more. ''Puffs" is an off-Broadway play that looks at the series from a Hufflepuff perspective. It, like 'AVPM', is both hilarious and heartfelt. You can find and download it at puffstheplay.com, I would highly recommend all 'Potterheads' watch these two plays.

HARRY! DID YAH PUT YAH NAME IN THE DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?

This is a line that is said by Albus Dumbledore in the fourth movie in the series, 'The Goblet of Fire'. Many fans like to scrutinize this line because the scene in the movie and the part in the book where Dumbledore asks Harry if he put his name in the Goblet of Fire (or Fiyah) are extremely different. In the movie, to dramatize things I'm sure, Dumbledore basically slams Harry against the wall and screams at Harry, "HARRY! DID YAH PUT YAH NAME IN THE DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?" While in the books, he just calmly turns to Harry and asks him if he put his name in the Goblet.

Umbridge is the true villain in "Harry Potter"

It is a common thought among many 'Potterheads' that Umbridge is actually more evil than Voldemort. She is generally more hated in the fandom than Voldemort, mostly because she is the worst, most horrible person of all times.

Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way

Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way is a made-up character from a 'Harry Potter' fanfic called 'My Immortal". A lot of people regard it as one of the worst fanfictions every written (which I disagree with, it's a beautiful piece of art) because of how horrible it's written. The authorship of 'My Immortal' has always been a mystery in the 'Harry Potter' fandom, even though a young adult novelist named Rose Christo has taken credit for writing it, satirically.

7/31/1980

The date July 31st, 1980 is the day Harry Potter was born. Today happens to be July 31st and that's why I was inspired to write this article. Many fans of the series will recognize the date July 31st and will celebrate it by drawing birthday cakes into the dirt (or just reblogging gifs of Harry doing it on Tumblr).

'Harry Potter' has had such a big impact on my life. The book series was one of the first things I could read all the way through and the first thing I packed when I was moving to college. It is a timeless favorite of so many people and I'm excited to share it with my children someday.