Five Things You Missed At Comic-Con 2015

Just in case you missed out this year

7
Five Things You  Missed At Comic-Con 2015
http://www.anenglishmaninsandiego.com/

Every summer, thousands of comic book, movie, TV, and game fans flock to San Diego, CA for the biggest convention of the year. The convention is designed to give people inside looks at their favorite shows and movies and brings the actors and creators closer to their audience. And while many people can either afford it or have saved for months or even years to go, you may not have been that lucky. So here are a few things that were unveiled at Comic Con 2015:

1. The first look at the BBC "Sherlock" Christmas special was released.

After almost two years of hiatus, fans of "Sherlock" have been given a tiny taste of what is in store for their favorite detective. The Christmas 2015 special is said to be separate from the overall story line of the show, but it should be enough to hold fans over until season four airs in 2016. The clip can be seen here.

2. AMC released trailers for both "Fear The Walking Dead" and "The Walking Dead" season 6.

AMC has been busy bringing the zombie realm to life. The much anticipated Walking Dead spin-off set in California at the start of the zombie outbreak is set to begin on August 23rd (trailer here). The season will only be six episodes, but fans are already excited to see how the world on the other side of The States fared after the dead came back. Along with the new spin-off, AMC's "The Walking Dead" is set begin on October 11th, and fans are equally as excited to see what's happening to Rick and his gang on the East Coast (trailer here).

3. DC showed an advanced screening of the "Supergirl" pilot and a new trailer for "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice."

While Marvel didn't show up to Comic-Con this year, DC made sure to bring everything they had. They're advanced screening of the new CBS show "Supergirl" starring Melissa Benoist was a hit with convention goers and will air on October 26th. The next big DC movie, Batman vs. Superman will hit theaters on March 25th, 2016, and fans got a look at a new trailer. The first trailer for Batman vs. Superman was shown at Comic-Con last year and was quickly leaked online, just like the "Suicide Squad" trailer that DC showed this year. The footage is online, but will probably either get taken down or formally be released.

4. Amazon screened the first two episodes of "The Man in the High Castle."

"The Man in The High Castle" is a new Amazon series based on the book by Philip K. Dick. It shows what life could have potentially been like if the Allies had lost World War II. This show was among quite a few new Amazon shows that were green-lighted after fans voted based on a pilot that was available to anyone with Amazon Prime streaming, and the full season will be available to stream this fall. The trailer for the full season can be seen here.

5. Fans were given a look at "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" footage.

Even though a trailer has already been released, Disney and Lucas Films still had something to show fans at this year's Star Wars panel. A reel of behind the scenes footage was shown to eager fans who crammed into the highly anticipated Hall H panel. The film, directed by J.J. Abrams, has a release date of December 18th of this year.