The Five Stages of Binge-Watching Netflix

21

We all know the feeling. One minute you are starting a new show because you have a little bit of free time and the next minute it is 4 a.m. and you are nine episodes into the first season of "Scandal." It just happens. Here are the five stages of binge-watching Netflix we all have experienced.

1. The stage of Innocence

You have a little bit of free time, so you are just going to start that show on Netflix that everybody has been talking about. No big deal, just testing it out. Maybe check out the pilot episode and call it quits for the day.

2. Teetering on the Brink

You are three episodes into the season and you can feel it. That vortex that is about to suck you in. Netflix is calling you in with that deep, dark question, "Play next episode?" with only 15 seconds to decide. As if you had a choice. This is the last opportunity for you to do anything productive for the day. Do you return to the real world or continue on your merry binge-watching way? Before you make a decision, the next episode continues. Oh well. It was what you were going to choose anyways.

3. Becoming One with Netflix

Five hours later and you are still laying in bed on your laptop, eyes fixed to to the screen. Your eyesight has gone a little blurry and your mind can't quite comprehend anything that's going on in the real world. You just watch episode after episode because you are hooked. Utterly and completely hooked.

4. Realization

It's 4 a.m. You have finished all of season one. You realize you have class in five hours. Where did the time go? Brain not fully functioning. Eyes so tired. Need sleep.

5.  Reevaluating your life decisions

You step outside the next morning, and breathe the foreign, fresh air. Your Netflix adapted eyes try to readjust to the outside world. You ask yourself why you do this to yourself, and then you remember. Because Netflix is awesome and you regret nothing.