Five Reasons You Need A Puppy, From Someone Who Just Added A Furry Addition To The Family

Dogs are the best things on the face of the Earth.

2123
Photo by Marissa Deck on Unsplash

Dogs are the best things on the face of the earth. If you're not quite sure about adopting a puppy, these five reasons are certainly convincing!

1. Responsibility!

Puppies are often times a lot of work to take care of and that is why so many people decide against getting a dog. What many don't realize is that dogs are your companions for ten or more years. The time spent with them is well worth it. I would argue that having a dog helps to build a sense of responsibility beyond all else.

2. Love!

The amount of love that comes from having to care for someone or something other than yourself is a true gift. They don't say that a dog is a man's best friend for no reason!

3. Mood!

Dogs help support your mood—whether it be good or bad! Usually, dogs can help your mood in significant ways. I read a study that the longer you pet a dog, the happier and calmer the pet and person becomes. Having tested this theory out on my golden retrievers, I can confirm this is so true!

4. Activity!

Dogs make you more active because they need to be active - especially puppies! Puppies need play time, attention, and care, which in turns means you will be getting your own play time and attention from your new pup!

5. Selflessness!

Dogs help teach children and adults selflessness which is crucial to owning a puppy! The need to take care of a dog falls in line with the responsibility point to getting a puppy too!