All of my best friends are Christians. I wouldn't have it any other way. There are a lot of good reasons to have Christian friends, here are SOME of them:
1. They keep me accountable. It's so nice to have people that I know will straighten me out if I get out of line. A lot of times when someone is caught up in sin, they don't see it; that's when you need strong Christian friends to help you get on the right path again.
"Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."
~Galatians 6:1-2 ESV
2. They'll pray for me. Have a big test coming up? They'll pray. Family member sick? They'll pray. Stressed out? They will pray. Prayer is powerful. Take it from someone who knows, you can tell when there are people praying for you.
"Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working."
~James 5:16 ESV
3. They are awesome role models. It's awesome to have friends that I can look up to. All of my friends are super strong Christians, so it's great to have people that I can go to for advice that I can trust. They are all fantastic examples of Christ's love and life.
"Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity."
~1 Timothy 4:12 ESV
4. They are encouraging. My friends are some of the most positive and encouraging people I've met in my life. If I'm having a rough day then they will automatically give me a verse or a note to cheer me up.
"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. " ~Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 NLT
5. They have the same music interests. Have you ever been around someone who didn't know who Tobymac is? It is so frustrating!!! It's nice to get in your friend's car and know every Christian song on their radio.
I am so incredibly grateful for my group of friends. I don't know where I would be without them. God was blessing me more than I could have ever imagined when he gave me them. I urge you to seek out Godly friends and friendships. Seek out people who will keep you accountable, will pray for you, will be good examples, will encourage you, and ,yes, will jam out to Tobymac with you.
"A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."
~Proverbs 17:17 ESV