5 Reasons Why Receiving A Package Is Awesome

Who knew a cardboard box could be so cool?

2923

I recently ordered a new Bluetooth speaker off of Amazon and got a great deal because it was Cyber Monday, the most popular online shopping day of the year. After ordering my speaker, I'm not going to lie, I did get pretty excited for it to arrive at my doorstep. As each day passed, I was checking where my package was with the tracking number UPS had given me. The anticipation of its arrival kept building. Finally, after much waiting, about an hour before I wrote this article, my package had arrived! Here are my top five reasons why receiving a package is awesome:

It can make your day so much better.

So, it might just be me but if I come home after a long day of classes or work and see that I've gotten a package from somewhere then my spirits are immediately lifted. It's just a great feeling seeing that box of whatever it might be with your name on it.

It can relieve stress.

You may be asking why this is a reason, but hear me out on this. I'm sure we've all had some instance where we've ordered something online and then there was some sort of shipping problem. As much as you don't want to be stressed about your item being lost or jumbled around in the mail, there is some stress that comes with it. Having a package arrive in those five to seven business days, or whatever shipping timeframe you choose, without any hiccups in the process is a great feeling.

BUBBLE WRAP.

If your package isn't full of that Styrofoam macaroni stuff and comes bearing the gift of bubble wrap, then it's a great day. Bubble wrap is so much fun to pop and you can feel like a kid again while popping it. Thank you to whoever invented it for such a wonderful thing.

Sharing the glory within your box.

My freshman year of school, I received my fair share of care packages while living in my dorm. Being the nice guy I am, I would share some of the food or goodies I received from home with my friends. In turn, my friends would be nice enough to reciprocate when they received a care package too. Friendship is a wonderful thing.

The small victory.

I think the best part about receiving a package is that small victory of getting your new item in the mail. No matter what it is, it's something that you might have worked towards saving up for or just have been waiting for the right time to buy it. Millions of packages go around the world every day, and there could always be something wonderful coming to your doorstep.