Five Reasons Why I Love Amazon

Five Reasons Why I Love Amazon

A great place to shop online.

1218
Five Reasons Why I Love Amazon

Amazon.com basically sells anything that you could think of (within some limits, of course). You can buy almost anything from pre-workout, to a couch, to a snowblower. Don't ask me how I thought of those three items. Anyway, buying things on Amazon is a great way to save some money and have your items delivered in a timely fashion. Here are some reasons why I think Amazon is so great:

1. Amazon Prime:

Being a Prime member gets you lots of benefits. Just to name a few, you get free and fast shipping on any item you buy, access to Amazon Prime Video for movies and shows, and discounts that non-Prime members don't get. Amazon's Prime service is a very helpful buying tool. The only drawback that I could think of would be how expensive it is per year - it costs $119 for a yearly subscription to the service (or half that price for students and those in US government assistance programs). Then again, it may pay for itself if you use it often.

2. Today's Deals:

One of my roommates showed me this: there is a button on the site where you can view the deals of the day. Some of the items are a little weird, but if you look through the deals, you can find something you may want or need at a discount. Checking the Today's Deals page every once in a while could bring you to your next smart purchase.

3. Fast shipping:

Nobody likes to wait long for a package to arrive. With Amazon, the waiting isn't an issue. When the site tells you that something will arrive on a certain day, then it's usually right on the dot, or even a day or two earlier. Not to mention that Amazon Prime guarantees free two-day shipping on most items. I've only had shipping problems with Amazon a couple of times. Other than that, it's very easy to track your package until it arrives at your door ready to be opened. We all know that receiving a package is a great feeling.

4. Pricing:

Shopping online can sometimes be tough. Different sites can have different prices for the same item and you may not know where to buy from. Amazon usually has lower pricing than other online sites. Now, you might only save a few bucks, but that money saved can go toward other finances in your life. Looking on Amazon for lower prices is a smart thing to do when shopping online.

5. Deals:

I've gotten some great deals from shopping on Amazon. For example, I got a Bluetooth speaker for $25 instead of $75 just this past school year. Also, for us college kids, we can save a good amount of money when it comes to renting or buying our textbooks. Amazon also has great holiday season deals for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, as well as their own 'holiday' in July called Prime Day. You'd be surprised what kind of great deals you can find from a little Amazon browsing.

All in all, Amazon.com is a great site to buy almost anything you'd want or need. There's a huge catalog of items for sale and great prices as well.

Note: As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.