Coffee is an essential part of my daily routine, as it is for many others. Despite sometimes getting a bad connotation, coffee can really be a lifesaver.

1. It’s a mood booster

Coffee is a stimulant, not only giving you the energy to get throughout the day but also boosting your mood. On those bad mornings when it feels like nothing is going right, coffee can make it better.

2. It’s a digestive aid

When you’ve eaten too much for breakfast and your stomach feels like it’s about to explode, coffee can help ease the pain and bring things back to normal.

3. It tastes good

It might be an acquired taste, but I’ve found that a nice cup of coffee goes great with almost any breakfast. And, with all of the sugary variations of the drink, you can make it any way that you want to.

4. It’s addictive

Okay, so maybe this isn’t a great one if you haven’t already started drinking coffee. But if you’re already used to that daily caffeine kick, you know how difficult it is to go without it.

5. It has health benefits!

Coffee has been shown to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s, depression, Type 2 Diabetes, and provide many other health benefits. Especially if you can avoid adding sugar, drinking coffee has more health benefits than deficits.