My First Week Of Classes Is A Dub

It’s Only Been The First Week Of Classes And I Already Know It’s A Dub

Why am I struggling so much already?

74
Graduation

WTF?

Um… was this is supposed to be syllabus week or not?

Like, I'm confused.

Never have I ever had a professor who told me to drop out of her class if I knew I was going to be late because of a class before. Never have I ever had a professor tell me this and then proceeded to be late to the next the class. She teaches a class before mine. Hypocrite much?

As anyone can tell, this first week for me was absolute hell. I thought the first week was going to be relaxing, as in, I only have to bring in my laptop and call it a day. But no, this did not happen.

One of my professors, who teaches my three-hour lab, walked through the syllabus in less than 10 minutes. He then went on to teach for the rest of the period. Three hours minus 10 minutes equals two hours and 50 minutes. So, for two hours and 50 minutes, I learned.

A half hour later, in my two-hour lecture, my professor said something that I never want to hear on the very FIRST day of class:

Please hand in the assignment that's due today.

And they love to finish with the, I posted it on Blackboard. So? What does that mean? First, why are posting an assignment before the first day of class? Like, what in the world?

The next day wasn't any better. My professor, who I mentioned before about the lateness, drone on about reasons why
I shouldn't take her class. That whole time, I was really wondering if taking this class, which is to fulfill an SBC, was worth it.

I can already tell that this semester is going to really stress me out. The amount of work that I must put into my major classes alone is going to give me heartache. And for the classes that I'm not even taking for my major, my SBC classes, I've just got to suffer through it.

For those who had super cool professors this semester, lucky you!

Last semester was probably my worst semester and as a third-year, I knew that I was going to slam into a wall. I struggled with my grades and had received my first F. Never have I ever thought I would be someone with an F.

Let's just say that it was a wakeup call and I vowed to myself I wouldn't do that again. But seeing how hard these classes are this semester, I don't know how much longer I can hold onto this totem pole. Like, I had to take a mental break this weekend. A MENTAL BREAK! Midterms haven't even started yet and here I am, struggling. This doesn't make any sense.

I hope that many of you who did just start classes feel excited for the new semester. I hope that everyone has a great semester. Don't let the winter blues get to you, like how they got to me.