10 Thoughts Every College Student Has Their First Week Of Class

10 Thoughts Every College Student Has Their First Week Back To School

7. "I'm late, I'm late, I'm late."

51
https://www.pexels.com/photo/people-wearing-backpacks-1454360/

Maybe it's your first week of class, or maybe it's the week after your first, but either way, with a new semester upon us, we're all sure to have had at least one of these thoughts cross our minds recently.

1. "I think I'm ready to go back home."

First day of class is over? You're ready to go home. Night before class actually starts? Yep, you guessed it. You're already ready to go home.

2. "I'm so excited to be back at school I cannot even contain myself."

OR, maybe you've got this opposite mindset. Maybe you're just so excited to be back at school that you can barely contain yourself. I can't lie, it's a good mindset to have.

3. "Please get me out of here."

That is the exact thought you'll probably have after your first day of classes, or maybe even after your first class. See the above GIF to see what you probably look like come back after your day is over.

4. "This syllabus doesn't look too bad."

First glance at the syllabus doesn't actually look that bad? What sort of alternate reality is this? The above GIF is probably you laughing at yourself for being worried about "nothing."

5. "Never mind, yes it does."

After the first few minutes of reading the syllabus you are now trembling in fear because, YES, it actually is bad. Maybe even worse than you originally thought.

6. "OK, you're going to have a good semester and do your best everyday."

You probably looked in the mirror that morning and gave yourself a small pep talk. This is YOUR semester, and you CAN do great things.

7. "I'm late, I'm late, I'm late."

AND those great things will start once you actually make it to class, which you MAY or may not be running late for.

8. "I think this semester I'll change my study habits for the better."

This semester you are going to STUDY. You are going to knock these classes out of the ball park!

9. "I don't think I can read anymore, I'm going to bed."

Except, you have to sleep too. Definitely can't forget to do that.

10. "I don't need sleep, I just need a strong cup of coffee. Emphasis on the STRONG."

Actually, scratch that. All you really need is a strong cup of coffee. Right?

Happy First Week of Class (or first day or second week or whatever you're in now). You got this!