The Thrill Of Trying Something Brand New

Flying never felt so good.

66
PlayBuzz

This is a story of the time I went skydiving. Yes, skydiving. It was amazing and I cannot wait to do it again. Honestly, it wasn't as bad as many people make it out to be. But, I do agree that it is not for everyone. Here is the timeline of how I went skydiving:

For two years leading up to the trip, my cousin and I planned, saved for and researched the best companies around our areas that have the best reviews and professionalism records. We came to the conclusion that Boston Skydive Center was the best one, so, we made a reservation. Our adrenaline had been up for days before that. We had received a phone call stating the rescheduling of our skydive due to an approaching storm. We were a but devastated but we understood the circumstances and so we canceled until further notice. We stayed positive until June 1, 2014 came and we said, "it's time, the sun is out, we are free, we have the money, we did the research-- let's do this!" So, we called and reserved it for that same day. We were getting ready to live one of our biggest dreams.

When we got there, we were presented with information, waivers and video presentations. The people at Boston Skydive Center were very nice and super friendly making this experience much better for us. As we are getting harnessed and ready, we were given last minute instructions before mounting the plane and from that moment on, the GoPros were on and we started to roll. The feeling was indescribable watching out the window as things got smaller and smaller and seeing how happy my cousin and I were just made me want to do this already. Then, the door opened at 10,000 feet-- it was time to jump.

At the base of the jump, I was looking down and was more ready than ever. It was a tandem jump and was up to my instructor to jump since I was strapped onto him. I was a bit nervous in that end, then we jumped. You feel the wind hit you hard all over your body, the sense of freedom and fearlessness is surrounding you. You are flying free for the first time ever and you can't help but smile widely while you are up there. Then, the parachute opened and I was just relaxing up there watching the skyline of both Providence and Boston from afar and was enjoying the moment.

When it came time to land, I was a bit saddened because I did not want it to end but I was beyond proud of myself for doing something not many have the guts to do. Now, I am not influencing anyone to do this. I had 2 years of research and financing in order to do this confidently and responsibly. This is extremely dangerous and life threatening. I advise you to know exactly what you are doing and seek resources if you want to partake in such an experience. Other than that, if you are setting off to do it, or will be, I promise you that with an open mind and happiness, you will have the most amazing time of your life doing it. I know I can't wait to do it again.

Stay safe and fly.