First Semester Of College As Told By Pixar Films

Does anyone really have it together?

44
Wallpaper Cave

Most of us have watched that lamp aggressively jump on the "i" in Pixar until it was completely smashed, knowing that an epic movie was about to play on our TV screens. While Pixar films may be geared toward children, I have noticed that there are plenty of scenes that college freshmen in their first semester can relate to.

You are diagnosed with an extreme case of senioritis during your last year of high school. You want nothing more than to graduate and go to college.

However, this sadness isn't enough to dampen your excitement for college. After one last summer, you start your college years, full of life and ready to take on the world.

You make some new friends and you wonder how you lived for 18 years without them.

You begin to have a lot of fun with these new friends. You begin to have the full college experience.

Unfortunately, there is a consequence for having too much fun: You are clueless during your first round of exams.

When your professors hand back these exams, you just want to tell them...

But, of course, you don't actually say that out loud. Knowing that grades are final, you go through the five stages of grief.

Stage One: Denial

It's time to eat your feelings. The freshman 15 is approaching.

Stage Two: Anger

Stage Three: Bargaining

Stage Four: Depression

Stage Five: Acceptance (Somewhat)

It's time to finally tell your parents about it.

You have to step up your academic game. So you start studying a lot and your FOMO is horrendous.

In the middle of studying, you have to sign up for your second semester classes. You come up with a perfect schedule, but you're a freshman. All of those classes will be filled up by your sign up time, so it's a race to get anything decent left.

You also may get sick right before final exams. Not only do you actually have to make your own appointment; you have to go to the doctor - alone.

That's not your last battle. Here's finals week in a nutshell:

Thankfully, final exams do end and you go back home for Christmas break. If anyone back at school tells you that you've gained weight over the break, just remember these words of wisdom from Heimlich: