My First Semester At College Has Me Excited For All The Rest
College

My First Semester At College Has Only Made Me More Excited For The Rest Of My College Career

The memories I've made are some that I will cherish forever.

35
Baylor University
Chantal Canales

As my first semester of college is quickly winding down and finals are coming up, I've been thinking a lot about how far I've come and how much I've changed from when I first got here. Most of my changes have been pretty minor and things that only I have probably noticed, but the effect of those changes have been pretty significant in my life. Things like learning how to study better, learning how to talk and connect with people that you just met, and learning to really take control of your education like never before are skills that have been strengthened over the course of my first semester.

And yes, I probably could have learned these things at another school but I really believe that I came to Baylor University for a reason and although I don't always love it, I get the feeling of being at home here that only rivals the feeling I get from being in my actual home.

Over the course of the semester, I've made all kinds of friends, joined organizations, gotten my first job, and gone on many many adventures and these things have only made look forward to the rest of my time at Baylor. I'm excited to see how my friendships blossom, what other fun things we can find to fill up our time and for what my career will look like in a few years. Most importantly, I'm excited to see how I will grow and develop in the years to come.

Yes, there have been bad times. There have been plenty of times where I've gotten homesick for my family and friends and classes were really kicking my butt and when I've felt out of place and I didn't belong. There have been even more times when I've wondered if I chose the right major, whether I would be able to make my parents proud, and whether after graduation this would all even be worth it. Days like that are hard, but they you can get through them just like I did.