I Went To My First Music Festival And It Was The Best Weekend of My Life

Thank you, Gov Ball.

61
Rachel Neal

If you know me, you know how much I love music and going to concerts.

It's all I ever really spend my money on because I think it creates the best memories possible with the people you go with, gives you an excuse to dress up a bit, and lets you hear your favorite songs and see your favorite artists live.

Surprisingly, I haven't attended my first 3-day music festival until this past weekend.

It was the Governor's Ball music festival located in NYC, an absolute dream, right?

The lineup was too.

I got to see some of my all-time favorite artists for the first time, including: Tyler, the Creator, Brockhampton, The 1975, Hippo Campus... the list goes on. I even got to see Florence + the Machine for the 3rd time, which is always SUCH a good show.

I always wished of going to a music festival, but I never thought it would happen since it's expensive from the tickets to transportation and everything else.

But my best friend Anna suggested that we go since she went before and was interested in going again, and that was an opportunity I just couldn't pass up.

So I bought the 3 day passes a month before, and counted down the days until I'd step foot on that island in upper Manhattan.

I planned all my outfits and couldn't wait to take pictures.

I made an entire playlist and shuffled it nonstop.

I was completely ready for one of the best weekends of my life to happen.

When the weekend finally came around, I couldn't believe it.

I got to reunite with Anna who I haven't seen since school ended, we got to catch up and get ready together and then had the best weekend of long days and nights, way too much glitter, expensive food, amazing music, and unforgettable memories.

Thank you Gov Ball, I'll be back soon.