First Month Impressions: Living Off Campus

Week 3 of Sophomore year off campus!

6
UnSplash

This year is the first year I'll be living off campus. Last year I lived in the dorms near the center of campus. This year, I'm living in my sorority house by north neighborhood.

So far, it hasn't been too bad. I just have to get up earlier if I decide to walk to classes because I am almost a mile from the center of campus. And, if I want to drive, then I still have to get up early because of traffic. Also, I do feel like I am missing the college vibe sometimes because I am off of campus. The only time I'm on campus is for classes and football games, so only a couple hours a day.

The best part about living off campus is having a free parking spot and being able to be more of an adult in college. I get to cook my own food and eat whatever I would like. I can leave at anytime and come back whenever. Plus, living off campus is actually way cheaper than living on campus.

Living in my sorority house isn't bad either. I get to chill with my sisters and have really funny conversations every night. I don't have to commute to the house for chapter meetings and a lot of our events happen at the house. Our house has a study room so I don't have to be cramped in my room trying to study. We also have a workout room so I don't have to spend money on a gym membership. I only have to share my bathroom with one other person — and I have a bathtub!

Living off campus has given me freedom that living on campus never could. But I still miss the aspect off living right on campus and being completely submerged in campus life.