Your First Trip To The Grocery Store Alone Is Scary, And You Will Definitely Forget Something

Going to the grocery store is annoying, so try and remember these things!

26

It's time to start adulting.

You have your first apartment with its own kitchen. You tell yourself you're not going to order take out every night and that you are going to cook. So, like any adult would do, you grab a pad and make a list of all the things you need. You write down the necessities: milk, bread, and eggs. Then you think about your favorite foods and their ingredients. You compile this long list and take your exciting first trip to the grocery store.

At first, the grocery store seems intimidating.

You wonder if you're going to look weird with a cart full of food for one person. You wonder if people are going to notice how lost you look in the aisles. You start on one side and work your way down, crossing things off you list and simultaneously adding more. You look for deals and buy the cheaper things your parents never would. You also leave items off because they are just too expensive, and they're going to go on sale sometime, right?

Finally, you're finished and it's time to go home. You try to carry in all of your groceries at once because who wants to take two trips? Certainly not me! Well, then you get to your door to only realize you can't open it because your arms are so full. Now, unfortunately, you have to drop everything in your hands and pray that those eggs don't break.

You ultimately get into your house and start to put away your food. You stress about what goes where and if your roommates are going to care. You wondered if you should label things or if the trust system would work? Then you second guess where you put everything and wind up taking all of your groceries out again. Who knew this would be such a tiring job!

Then finally, after a long trip at the grocery store all you want to do is make some dinner, but to your dismay, you're evidently missing something, and your meal cannot be completed. What now? Going back to the store is definitely not an option, so you Pinterest ways to get around missing ingredients. Back and forth, you try and find alternatives, but ultimately you can't replace missing oil or spices. You definitely need that tin foil to heat something up in the oven. And the item on your list you didn't buy because it was too expensive, you now need.

Well, now you are left with a kitchen full of mismatched ingredients and frozen foods you don't want to eat.

Your stomach is growling, and you have a migraine because adulting is just too hard. Then evidently, you find yourself doing exactly what you said you would not, ordering take out.

So, after your first trip to the grocery store, know that there will be many, many more.

Know that you will forget things and that you will be disappointed in yourself. But , also know that you will figure it out. One day you will be able to go grocery shopping and buy the right ingredients for the right price. You're going to be able to buy enough food for the family to eat over the course of a week. But until then, good luck!