I Went On My First Date Since Before Quarantine, And Honestly, Ladies, Just Go For It

Saying I was going on a date felt weirder than the actual date.

661

I haven't been on a date in a little over a year. I've hooked up and had "things" with multiple guys, but they never actually took me on any dates, and to be honest, I was OK with that. I have struggled with anxiety my entire life, and going on dates just made it so much worse.

Recently, though, I decided I needed to get out of my comfort zone a little bit, so I went on a date, and it was honestly the best decision I made.

A little backstory...

I met this boy on Tinder, and he was in my top picks (I only get to choose one a day because there is no way I will ever be paying for Tinder plus), so I picked him because I thought he was super cute and what do you know... IT'S A MATCH!

So, I give him my Snapchat, and we are really hitting it off and it's smooth sailing all the way. Until he asks me out...

Now, this is typically where I would bail and just ghost them because I get scared. This time, with the help of some friends, I decided to go on a date with him. It was a simple hike, there was nothing to be nervous about.

We found out that we lived super close to each other, so it was easy to meet up. I was so nervous the night prior, barely able to fall asleep and barely able to stay asleep. A part of me wanted to text him and tell him something came up, and I wouldn't be able to go, but of course, another part of me thought this was a great idea because he is so my type and this could be good.

So, I decided to go for it.

It was now time for the actual date.

I was honestly surprised with myself as I wore the most basic outfit and only a little concealer on my chin to cover a huge pimple. And let me tell you when I saw this man for the first time, my jaw dropped. It was like I had never seen a cute guy before in my life, and he was a celebrity. And trust me, he is most definitely not a celebrity, but he did look cute and even coordinated his headband with his T-shirt.

We did a quick hug (please don't hate me, we both tested negative for COVID-19) and went on our hike. We talked about anything and everything. From our favorite colors to the most embarrassing thing that has happened to us. I honestly had the best time ever, and it has been a long time since I could say that.

We ended the date with a hug (no kiss, very sad) and went our separate ways. But, that is not exactly where it ends because we didn't stop texting each other all day. And I can't stop thinking about how good his hug was, the fact that he smelled really good, or just how comfortable he made me feel. I can truly say I have never felt that comfortable with someone so fast.

So, this is for all the girls who are on the fence about a guy. Just go for it! You have absolutely nothing to lose, and it might end up being the best decision of your life.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.