Finding Your Direction

Finding Your Direction

What should you do to end up where you want to be?

14
Finding Your Direction
Weebly

“Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip-toe if you must, but take the step.”

This summer, one of the little girls I babysit during the day learned how to swim all on her own. She does not need floats or anything to support her. She surprised me with how fast she is. She jumps under water and takes off. However, she has no sense of direction while swimming. She can go and go and go, but she really has no idea where she is going. She still needs to learn how to swim in the direction she wants.

In life, if you do not have a destination, then you do not know which path to take. I do not mean have an exact plan minute to minute every day. Trust me, I am not that type of person. You do not need to know exactly what you are doing in an hour or a day or a week. However, you should plan for the big picture. What do you need to do to make the team? To go to your dream school? To get a job in your dream career? Make your plan, then follow through with it.

I often find myself dreaming then thinking that it is too big a dream. I limit myself and I see others do it too. While not everyone can be president, everyone has the potential to do great things in their lives.

As Vincent Peale said, “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land among the stars.”

I mean, the moon is great, but the stars are pretty cool too. Decide what your moon is and go down the path that will lead you there. You either will end up at the moon or the stars, and both options seem pretty great.

Maybe you do not know where your destination should be? Maybe you do not know what you should chase after? I think that you can know where you want to end up somewhat, without knowing exactly what you want to chase after.

Cheryl Strayed said, “When the path reveals itself, follow it.”

Before you find your destination, work on finding your direction. If you have no direction, there will never be a destination.

I am going to be honest, I worry about, well, everything. I let myself worry way too much. I look to God to find my peace and joy all the time, especially when it all starts to become too much.

In the book of Matthew it says, “Can anyone of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?”

I think we should have dreams, goals and plans in life. I think we should decide where we want to go and try to get there. However, I know that I want my life to follow what God has planned for me. I look to God to find my direction and destination. I try to live my life to honor him and do as he wants. I can make plans and dreams and chase them, but in the end I would much rather have his plans happen than mine. I am always trying to improve my relationship with God and figure out what he wants me to do in life, because that is what I want.